You will like
Working as Sustainability Consultant for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
Their expert staff design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. Safety and sustainability are embedded in everything they do and they have a highly inclusive culture and encourage diversity.
Being part of this fantastic organisation will enable you to be involved with a range of challenging and complex projects that will rapidly develop your career and experience.
You will like
The Sustainability Consultant job, where, as part of this established team, you will be involved in the delivery of her number of key projects currently being worked on and across sectors such as infrastructure, energy and property. You will be based in Birmingham, West Midlands or Nottingham East Midlands and will be working in a highly dynamic environment alongside many top planning and environmental consultants from the industry.
The sustainability Advisory Team is spread across the UK and has many of the leading industry experts working within it. You will be involved in a rich variety of project types, managing climate change adaptation and carbon management.
Projects include advice, design and planning support to major infrastructure and built environment clients across the world. My client’s team is growing and looking for the right candidate to support the delivery of a diverse range of projects as they support their clients to deliver on their sustainability objectives and my clients own commitments to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
You should have experience of leading projects involving carbon footprints, carbon management services, climate change assessments, the net-zero transitions, sustainability appraisals or related services. You will have been responsible for successful delivery on time and budget and be familiar with a range of methodologies and data sources such as the GHG Protocol, PAS2080 or life cycle assessment, Science-Based Targets, climate resilience methodologies and sector-specific guidelines. More specifically:
- Report to the team leader for sustainability services;
- Lead carbon footprinting, climate change assessments, sustainability reviews and other related work;
- Support the team in business development activities, such as preparation of expressions of interest and proposals, promotional and capability materials, and future business planning;
- Be accountable for the quality of your own work on time and budget, and supervise other team members;
- Work with other multidisciplinary teams to embed sustainable development principles into projects;
- Be part of a wider skills network and have the opportunity to get involved in research and development;
- Be willing to undertake short-term travel which could include overseas assignments;
- Be effective communicator in presenting information in writing as well as verbally;
- Establish and maintain relationship with external partners, and colleagues; and
- Assist in and undertake other tasks in the wider Environment and Consulting business.
You will have
To be successful as a Sustainability Consultant, you will need the following:
- Validated experience in a carbon management, climate change or sustainability-related role;
- Experience of applying appropriate methodologies related to the role;
- Understanding of the broader sustainability agenda;
- Proven track record to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple tasks;
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills;
- High level of numeracy and the ability to manage and manipulate data to unlock new insights;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to undertake short-term travel in the UK and overseas when such opportunity arises; and
- Demonstrate a desire for continual improvement of both self and the team.
- Achievement of professional qualification.
- Working with infrastructure and built environment clients.
- Using specific carbon/climate/sustainability-related software packages;
- Advisory/corporate strategy environment;
- Climate change assessments as part of UK EIA and planning processes;
- International ESIA or due diligence;
- Understanding of social value;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the UK environmental regulatory framework;
- Managing small assignments/tasks within complex technical assignments, project and /or sub-consultant management;
- Some level of understanding of commercial aspects involved in managing projects; and
- Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
You will be confident in communicating and presenting work to internal and external audiences and show passion for developing your own skills and career, as well as those of the wider team.
You will get
As a Sustainability Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £35 - £42K + flexible benefits according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
You can apply
To Sustainability Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com, or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.