You will like
Working in Consulting for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
With a heritage spanning over 150 years, my client has a unique history of excellence. Specialising in a range of engineering design services, they have extensive UK coverage and a growing international presence. The approach to environmental sustainability, led by the work of the Sustainability Group, has been instrumental to their success.
Their Sustainability Group is an industry leader in its approach to sustainable design, construction and operation for buildings and infrastructure. Focused on achieving ever greater standards of environmental sustainability, the Group thrives on its dynamic, innovative, and ambitious working culture.
You will like
The Senior Sustainability Consultant job, which is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior / Principal Sustainability Consultant to to work within our Environmental Consulting business in London. You will run a range of projects in the areas of environmental / sustainability advice on significant design and construction projects. Activities will include leading CEEQUAL assessments, environmental management, and auditing of design/construction contractors, ISO 14001, environmental and sustainability appraisals, consultation with statutory authorities, with opportunities to get involved with wider more strategic sustainability advice. The clients will include major infrastructure schemes and private developers. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment alongside other environmental, planning, engineering, and urban design specialists.
Your remit will be to undertake and lead technical work, project manage specialists and multi-disciplinary project teams, be responsible for the quality and budget control, and assist with proposal preparation and marketing activities. More specifically:
- Be at the forefront of sustainability assessment strategies/CEEQUAL Assessments/sustainability project management, developing processes and standards to monitor and track progress throughout all phases of projects.
- Manage a ‘virtual’ team of sustainability specialists/CEQUAL assessors, being responsible for project oversight including deliverables and financial performance.
- As an experienced sustainability professional/CEEQUAL assessor, you will be able to provide technical and pragmatic advice to design teams.
- Work closely with the delivery teams to ensure sustainability requirements/CEEQUAL are implemented
- Ensure that sustainability/CEEQUAL performance targets are on track and are and embedded into contracts.
- Review and assure CEEQUAL pre-assessment reports and other relevant documentation.
- Develop networks internally to ensure that sustainability is embedded across the business.
- Provide technical advice and solutions to various internal teams on sustainable design practices.
- Take an active part in developing presence on external bodies and organisations and developing best practice in the field.
It is essential that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be a key technical ambassador for the firm, working closely with our clients as well as the wider engineering and construction community. You will be a self-motivated, proactive, realistic, and collaborative person that strives to deliver solutions of the highest quality and exhibits excellent attention to detail: your actions should inspire and instil confidence in clients, partners, and peers alike.
You will have
To be successful as a Senior Sustainability Consultant, you will be a motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious individual with existing environmental / sustainability consultancy experience, able to work on your own initiative. You will have the knowledge, or first-hand experience, in most or all of the following areas:
- Education to degree level but preferably a Masters degree.
- Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent
- Chartered Environmentalist or working towards Chartered Environmentalist
- Qualified CEEQUAL Assessor
- IEMA Registered Environmental Auditor would also be desirable.
- Experience in developing sustainability strategies/implementing ISO14001 for projects, organisations, and/ or sectors
- Experience in leading and delivering CEEQUAL Assessment for a range of projects
- Good working knowledge of environmental legislation within the design and construction context.
- Environmental management and auditing of design/construction contractors
- Experience with sustainability appraisals and impact assessments.
- Experience in undertaking environmental impact assessments (EIA) and an understanding of GRESB, BREEAM, and LEED or similar.
- Understanding of wider environmental risk or corporate risk assessments
- Knowledge of open data
- Understanding of systems thinking
- Appreciation of environmental economics
You will get
As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £55K - £65K + comprehensive benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry-leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by the employer and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit SharePayments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
You can apply
To Senior Sustainability Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com.