You will like
Working for a leading global manufacturer, distributor & installer of storage solutions for industrial application. This specialist pallet racking division is expanding in the UK and is supported by this winning team from an easily accessible HQ location in Telford, OR offices in Milton Keynes & Wakefield and for an independent individual, #WFH, remote working or working from home is an option.
You will like
The Senior Design Engineer job role itself where you will design storage solutions such as pallet racking, mezzanine and shelving using AUTOCAD / BricsCAD software and product manuals in support of the sales team. More specifically:
- Producing high-quality designs, shop drawings and Layouts using CAD packages.
- Getting the right design for the project, to obtain the most efficient solution for the customer,
- Coordinating manufacturing and installation, adhering to CDM regulations.
- Producing an accurate bill of materials for system entry.
- Producing installation instructions including drawing to ensure projects are built as intended.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal support functions to obtain quotations for components, Installation and plant.
- Calculating and communicating variations to Project Management or sales.
You will have
To be successful as the Senior Design Engineer, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Several years experience as a design engineer in manufacturing/engineering/construction
- Extensive experience with AUTOCAD 2D Minimum, ideally 3D/Modelling.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK).
- Ideally knowledge of design software (BricsCAD, SPEED / D360).
- Understanding of CDM 2015 regulations.
- Understanding UDL and point loads and the impact on the design.
- Minimum GCSE A-C in English, Science and Maths.
- Understanding of construction hazards.
You will get
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will enjoy a salary of up to £32K PA plus 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and free parking.
You can apply
To Senior Design Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org