You will like
Working for Toronto office & sites for the Canadian division of this specialist international water engineering firm. They provide complete engineering solution groundwater management and dewatering contracts and are renowned for the quality of their people. Due to increased business opportunity in Ontario, this newly created role is a great opportunity to join their team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff.
You will like
The Project Engineer / Site Engineer Dewatering job itself where you will coordinate and manage the installation and operation of dewatering schemes as designed. Majority of the role will be to work closely with clients to set programmes, coordinate works and deliveries on-site, and maintain accurate site records. This job is for dewatering works associated with infrastructure & rail projects in the GTA. Dewatering works are to take place at surface, in excavations/shafts and underground in tunnels. More specifically:
- To supervise site activities and closely liaise with our clients site staff, supervisors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- To maintain documentary records of contractual activities including the collection, collation, and presentation of data.
- To perform project management and dissemination responsibilities, including drafting of regular progress reports & participating in team meetings.
- Prepare key documentation such as Method Statements, Risk Assessments, ITPs, JHAs, working drawings, and works procedures.
- Define the project programme & ensure contractual targets are met.
- Prepare, issue and negotiate monthly payment applications.
- Make site visits to collect information and coordinate future dewatering works with clients.
- Actively participate in and contribute to day to day operations to deliver on contractual obligations as directed by the Operations Manager.
- To be responsible for own health and safety and that of colleagues in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant national legislation.
- Brief, check, and audit site staff to ensure safe working practices are being followed.
- Help negotiate contracts, terms and conditions, methodologies, and attendances
You will have
To be successful as a Project Engineer / Site Engineer Dewatering you will be a motivated and hardworking individual with good written and communication skills is essential. More specifically:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the construction industry and has demonstrated sufficient skills and knowledge
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A good understanding of Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology and Civil Engineering
- Commercial awareness, ideally including knowledge of construction industry contracts
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills and written communication skills - the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concepts is an essential requirement
- Resourceful and motivated individual with the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions.
- The ability to plan and organize own workload as well as that of the team
- Experience and confidence in managing others
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Full Driving License
You will get
As Project Engineer / Site Engineer Dewatering you will enjoy a competitive salary, likely $60K-$80K + Benefits
You can apply
To Project Engineer / Site Engineer Dewatering by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give me a call at 01275 331307.