You will like
Working for this world-wide world-class mining organisation, in a dynamic team on exciting projects. You will be based in Almaty Kazakhstan plus field rotation.
You will like
The Principal Geoscientist job itself where you will provide the technical support and leadership in Kazakhstan. This role will be focused on development of projects from exploration through to mining. The candidate will be a highly technical leader who can lead and implement studies that have impacts right through the development cycle.
This role is a great opportunity to implement technical and operational leading practice to move a project from exploration through to development. Reporting to the Programme Manager, you will:
- Develop a detailed understanding of all relevant project and studies requirements to successfully advance the project
- Define risks and opportunities for the project and develop controls
- Work with consultants, technical subject matter experts and management to refine project outcomes and provide inputs to all geological and business models
- Generate new programmes and projects for follow up and contribute to review of third party opportunities.
- Undertake technical and report writing for management and project teams.
- Implement business best practice for discipline/commodity by applying the technical standards and building regional capacity.
- Implement new or refined technologies and techniques that facilitate discovery and development within the region, by assessing the program
- requirements and applying technical expertise to achieve the regional exploration strategy.
- Maintain a network of discipline specialists internally and externally to enhance technical capacity.
- Work with programme management and contractors to effectively deliver all in field activities.
- Contribute to the management of all health, safety, environmental and communities compliance-related activities in the region
- Setting and monitoring objectives to ensure standards are met, and anticipating current and future risks.
You will have
To be successful as Principal Geoscientist, you will have the following:
- Qualifications in Geoscience or equivalent required
- A passionate desire to participate in the discovery and development of projects
- 10-15 years of experience in a relevant field
- Copper Porphyry experience is essential
- High-level technical competence in a specialist field, e.g. geotechnical, hydrogeological or geophysically derived geotechnical data
- Significant experience within similar operations or projects is desirable
- High level technical problem-solving skills in researching complex technical issues and providing innovative solutions to technical problems
- Knowledge and understanding of the economic, technical and competitive factors relevant to the discipline/commodity
- Ability to apply knowledge of these factors to recognize potential risks and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical skills to meet demanding technical outcomes
- Practical and demonstrated experience to manage technical drilling programmes, i.e. campaigns to deliver geotechnical or hydrogeological outcomes
- Leadership skills, particularly the ability to develop and mentor technical teams. Along with managing multiple projects in a complex environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills including the ability to write recommendations and reports for management and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in English, Russian would be advantageous
You will get
As Principal Geoscientist you will enjoy a competitive salary of KZT 2M – 2.3M Per Year + Fantastic benefits package
- Quarterly incentive program
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Wellbeing benefits
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Leave for all moments that matter in life
You can apply
To Principal Geoscientist by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com