You will like
Operating at a senior level within a successful international MEP consulting engineering firm. They are renowned for the quality of their people who you will find enthusiastic, creative and knowledgeable. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to join their team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff.
You will like
The MEP Commissioning Engineer job itself, working for our client loosely based from their London office, you will be responsible for the commissioning phase of multi-disciplinary building services projects, majoring on MEP, (Mechnical, Electrical, Plumbing) for blue-chip commercial clients. More specifically:
- Taking briefs from the Partner/ Director and working under own initiative (with other members of the internal team) to deliver the required projects and outputs from inception to completion.
- Reviewing contractor proposals, undertaking site inspections, witnessing and producing technical reports that represent clients
- Fulfil responsibilities of a competent service provider: Commissioning Manager and Commissioning Agent (BREEAM/LEED etc)
- Providing suitable commissioning services input at all stages of the project process.
- Working in a coordinated way with other professionals, developing effective relationships to stimulate future business growth.
- Development of new business and clients for commissioning and validation management services.
- Preparation of fee proposals and tender bids
- Reviewing and commenting on information provided by contractors, providing a written report on their compliance with the design, specification and plans
- Issuing summary commissioning reports on progress and key issues
- Witnessing of selected testing and commissioning results and providing a written report on their compliance with the design and specification.
- Peer review of mechanical designs
- Review of development and fit-out proposals and advising clients on the implications in relation to the MEP services
- Surveying MEP services installations and providing a written report as to their condition.
You will have
To be successful as MEP Commissioning Engineer you will have a healthy mix of the following
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Previous consultancy or contracting experience in commissioning and validation
- Project Management or Installation, M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in the building services industry
- Good technical knowledge of building engineering services and commissioning in your primary discipline
- Good understanding of your secondary discipline and interdisciplinary design process
- Ability and commitment to effectively deliver to demanding timescales
You will get
As MEP Commissioning Engineer you will enjoy a competitive salary, likely £60K-£70K plus car/allowance and both core and flexible benefits including:
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with your service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Voluntary benefits scheme
Also be assured of a friendly and dynamic team working environment, hybrid working & opportunities for career progression.
You can apply
To MEP Commissioning Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org