You will like
Designing products/solutions for this leading-edge engineering technology innovation company located in Windsor, ON.
You will like
The Mechanical Designer job itself Coordinating and completing projects to schedule specifications, specific quality, and legislation standards. More specifically:
- Designing using SolidWorks and using mechanical and electrical systems to leverage new designs for clients, projects, etc.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary projects and work in collaboration with engineering group and research scientists in the organization.
- Creating technical documentation and document work and projects.
- Designing electrical panels and hardware for manufacturing and serviceability.
- Participating in project meetings to compare quotes, specifications, and metrics from projections to completed projects.
- Designing of enclosures for PCBs including interface ports and displays, while maintaining a specified IP rating.
- Continuously improving mechanical design division.
- Contributing to goals to enhance safety, functionality, and reduce costs.
- Working independently on various projects and effectively with other engineering groups within the organization.
You will have
To be successful as a Mechanical Designer, you will ideally have experience in varied high-tech projects and the ability to not only design but produce products in volume. You will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical design technology with an emphasis on customer automation solutions.
- Experience using SolidWorks, Mechanical Layout and Thermodynamics.
- Experience with Design Visioning Tools.
- Knowledge of industrial buses and interfaces, their physical layouts and how to properly pass them through panel enclosures.
- Knowledge of safety certification standards: CSA, ULC, CE, etc.
- Mechanical prototyping abilities and familiarity with basic machine shop equipment: lathes, mills, welders, etc.
You will get
As Mechanical Designer, you will enjoy a competitive salary of $TBA
You can apply
To Mechanical Designer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org