You will like
Operating within reputable designers and manufacturers of conveyor systems and equipment for high-speed manufacturing industries from HQ in Kings Lynn, Norfolk. They a renowned for high professional standards and high-quality machinery and are highly respected in the canning and bottling community! You could play a key role in their next chapter.
You will like
The Mechanical Design Engineer job where you will play a key role in the design and development of projects. You’ll be tasked with providing effective and innovative product design solutions to ensure our client remains a market leader.
Your daily to-do list will centre around carrying out mechanical design tasks from concept through to production drawings to meet business and customer’s specified requirements and providing a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in a cost-effective manner. You’ll ensure all schedules are understood and your workload is efficiently managed.
You’ll support specific projects ensuring timescales and budget requirements are achieved and utilise third party and supplier software to calculate specific requirements.
You’ll be in constant communication with the director to relay information about the status of a project, and you’ll also be asked to provide expert input to ensure that the most economical and advantageous design strategy is adopted through collaboration. More specifically:
- Carry out mechanical design to meet business and customer specified requirements
- Provide a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in a cost effective manner & scope changes are managed in accordance with standard operation procedures
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload is managed to meet objectives
- Effectively communicate project status to the Technical Director/Head of Engineering/Technical lead
- Produce mechanical designs from concept to production drawings in line with customer needs and business objectives
- Support specific projects ensuring timescales and budget requirements are achieved
- Utilise third party/supplier software to calculate specific requirements
- Implement company and external standards
- Ensure data is input into the company’s database
- Understanding of BS/ISO application
- Checking of work done by others
- Conduct risk assessments of machinery
- Provide expert input to ensure that the most economical/advantageous design strategy is adopted through collaboration
- Undertake additional responsibilities and tasks as required
- Ensure innovative processes are implemented
You will have
To be successful as Mechanical Design Engineer we are seeking a mechanical engineer who possesses a good understanding of mechanical engineering principles and is competent and confident in all technical aspects of mechanical design and development of special-purpose machinery. Ideally, you’ll have picked up this knowledge through working in a similar precision engineering and multi-skilled environment.
You’ll have experience in delivering solutions to technical problems, electrical engineering design and design analysis and undertaking technical calculations. Having SolidWorks and Autodesk experience is also required for the role.
- Design Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- High speed bottling/canning conveyor systems (Essential)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 4 years (Preferred)
- Possess a good understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Competent (and confident) in all technical aspects of mechanical design and development of special-purpose machinery
- Experience in delivering solutions to technical problems
- Experience of undertaking technical calculations
- Experience of working with mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical components
- Experience of technical projects including working to tight timescales throughout the project life cycle
- 2D CAD design experience (AutoCAD) desirable
- 3D CAD design experience (SolidWorks) essential
- Ability to provide quality information within deadlines
- Empathy with other functions and projects
- Proactive interaction with other functions
- Team-player and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong PC skills
You will get
The Mechanical Design Engineer will enjoy a competitive salary, likely £30K-£35K + Package.
You can apply
To the Mechanical Design Engineer job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give me a call at 01275 331307.