You will like
Leading mechanical engineering within innovative waste-to-energy engineering firm in small scale waste to energy with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing a resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive. They are offer expertise, products and services in pyrolysis, gasification & oxidation. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to play a lead technical & management role in mechanical/industrial product engineering for a fascinating company poised for exponential growth in UK & internationally.
Crucially you will play a leadership role in a ZERO landfill future, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value.
You will like
The Lead Mechanical Engineer job itself where you will be responsible for the control, production and quality of the mechanical design and analysis deliverables for a range of static and rotating equipment associated with pyrolysis and other waste management technologies. Responsible for ensuring all work is delivered in a professional manner in accordance with the company procedures, to recognised international standards and best engineering practices, and in accordance with schedule and budget requirements.
Working as part of a small cross discipline team, this hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, commissioning, and maintenance of operational units located in various worldwide locations. Drive and enthusiasm to gain an in-depth knowledge of pyrolysis is essential, combined with attention to detail and a proactive and methodical approach to problem-solving. Plus overall responsibility for all Mechanical Engineering activities across the business.
- Carry out detailed mechanical engineering design work including 3D modelling, design calculations and material selection.
- Establishment and maintenance of systems, procedures and design documentation within the mechanical function.
- Support Engineering Manager in creation and implementation of best engineering practices, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Gain an in depth understanding of pyrolysis and of the designs of the units.
- Responsible for the timely and quality delivery of the ‘off the shelf’ product range designs.
- Support Project Manager to develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, manhour expenditure, and quality objectives.
- Produce tender packages for suppliers to enable delivery of goods and services to the cost, schedule and quality as required by the project.
- Deliver technical evaluation of supplier tenders and detailed reviews of vendor deliverables.
- Appraising and interpreting client requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered on all projects.
- Evaluate the challenges faced regarding product development, provide mitigation for risks and develop opportunities.
- Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such as thermodynamics, electrical, instrumentation and control, piping, structural and process engineering.
- Technical oversight and mentorship of junior engineers and designers. Identify any personal or team training needs to Engineering Manager.
- Support development of training packages to be delivered externally to clients.
- Participate in conceptual and detailed design reviews, HAZIDs, HAZOPs and risk reviews.
- Ensure adherence to Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures.
You will have
As Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- BEng/MEng degree (2:1 degree or better) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a demonstratable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems.
- Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
- Strong technical expertise with extensive breadth and depth covering materials selection, design for fatigue, thermal assessment and development of calculation / simulation methods and tools.
- Design for manufacture mentality to deliver fit-for-purpose, high performance, reliable and maintainable mechanical design solutions.
- Experience and proven ability to use 3D computer modelling software and 2D CAD drafting software.
- Hands-on experience of maintaining mechanical equipment is desirable.
You will get
As Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will enjoy a salary of £65K-£70K + Package
Benefits include: 25 days of holiday per year, Bonus, Pension & Private Medical insurance.
Plus challenging & diverse projects, Travelling opportunities, Career growth and international mobility, Great learning and development opportunities.
You can apply
For the Lead Mechanical Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com