You will like
Working for a long-established utilities company based on the South Coast near Portsmouth in Hampshire who are renowned for delivering Excellence for its Customers, their People and for the Environment. You will play a key role in delivering critical utility services in the region.
You will like
The ICA Technician Utilities job itself, AKA instrumentation, control & automation (ICA) Technician, where you will be based at their site in Havant near Portsmouth, working in a multi-disciplinary team
The ICA Technician role ensures the companies production plants are maintained which enables the effective production of its product. The ICA Technician will have a particular focus on SCADA, PLC and telemetry system, commissioning of instrumentation and fault finding process applications. The Company expects all its employees to carry out their duties In line with the Company’s Key Values of Excellence, Respect and Integrity Key
- Installing, modifying and commissioning new plant equipment to relevant standards and to diagnose and repair faults on systems and plants.
- Proactively identifying and reporting follow on work or areas for enhancement.
- Working in the ICA team alongside multi-disciplinary operational teams such as systems civil, mechanical, process and electrical technicians.
- Carrying out instrumentation, control and automation maintenance on a variety of assets including planned maintenance and defect maintenance.
- Delivering cost-effective improvements to assets and systems.
- Carry out scheduled planned maintenance work in compliance with company procedures in order to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Investigate the nature of plant failures and subsequently carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- Examples of some instrumentation you could be working on are flow meters, pressure levels, ultrasonic, PLC’s, Communication and control units.
You will have
To be successful as ICA Technician Utilities job itself, AKA instrumentation, control & automation (ICA) Technician, you will meet the following requirements:
- Ideally, you will be time served to have a recognised apprenticeship qualification,
- Strong electrical focus and ideally qualified to HNC level OR City and Guilds Part 2 or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in an electrical subject.
- Some mechanical engineering knowledge is desirable.
- A good, practical understanding of operational plant and control systems is essential.
- As well as an understanding of Wonderware In Touch, UnityPro and ClearSCADA, relay logic and PLCs (Rockwell & Allen Bradley SLC) which will include management and programming.
- You will have the ability to read and fault find from circuit diagrams as well as have previous experience of inverter drives.
- You should have experience of calibration and maintenance of front line instrumentation.
- Due to the nature of the role, a valid driving licence is essential and as the post will work across a number of sites in the region and you will be required to pass the Company’s own Driver assessment
- The work will require a level of physical fitness and the ability to work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training including on breathing apparatus.
You will get
As ICA Technician Utilities you will enjoy a competitive basic salary of £31K - £34K per annum (offered with a commitment to participate in a standby rota once trained).
Additional Company benefits include call-out payments, overtime, generous holiday and pension entitlement plus life assurance cover.
You can apply
For ICA Technician Utilities by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.