You will like
Working for a leading manufacturing facility based in Windsor, ON, for a speciality manufacturer and installer of building and engineering products with forward-thinking management and Operations across Canada & the US.
You will like
The Health & Safety Specialist job itself reporting directly to the President, responsible for planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the organization's safety systems.
- Review occupational health and safety legislation, amendments and industry best practices to optimize the Safety Management System.
- Provide all levels of the company with recommendations related to health and safety matters, legislative requirements and industry best practices.
- Investigate incidents, including near misses and unsafe events providing recommendations and process/policy changes to prevent further incidents.
- Collaborate with Human Resources on return to work and modified work programs.
- Develop a matrix for training requirements, ensure all certifications are up to date and roll out new training programs to all levels
- Promote a safe and healthy workplace by performing site visits and inspections.
- Develop tools and resources for site-specific safety requirements to support Project Managers.
- Develop and manage internal health and safety audits of the company, including risk assessments.
- Prepare, at a minimum, quarterly reports to the President.
- Provide leadership and direction as a member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee,
- Lead meetings, support active members and champion initiatives to drive company H&S goals and continual improvement.
- Ensure appropriate PPE and other supplies are selected, resourced and available for Employees.
You will have
To be successful as the Health & Safety Specialist, you will have
- Diploma, Degree or Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Thorough understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Current JHSC Level 1 and 2 Certification.
- Excellent use of Microsoft products, other computerized applications.
- Attention to detail, have good judgment and analytical skills.
- Experience in a construction environment.
- The ability to travel to construction sites within Ontario if required.
- Considered an asset
- CRSP, CHSC, CSP Certification or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified COR auditor, and/or Experience with COR certification.
You will get
As Health & Safety Specialist, you will enjoy a highly competitive salary of $70K-$80K plus RRSP and benefits.
You can apply
To Health & Safety Specialist by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org