You will like
Heading Sustainability on a 1 year FTC, ffor unique multi-disciplinary energy services provider of strategic energy and carbon reduction consultancy services to a range of organisations from large global corporates to housebuilders and developers. They enable them to enhance long-term energy sustainability and reach net-zero carbon emissions.
With low-carbon technology, data and sustainability at the core of their ethos and business model, this firm is leading the smart energy revolution, serving the energy industry, the industrial, commercial and public sectors, as well as the wider domestic market to realise the environmental and financial benefits of smarter energy practice
You will like
The Head of Sustainability contract itself which is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sustainability Consultant/Manager to join this leading engineering and consulting company at the forefront of the energy and carbon reduction; based from Cardiff energy center of excellence or #WFH fully flexible home working for the right candidate.
You will drive best practice across all aspects of sustainability and ESG; engagement, implementation and communicating are key delivery themes. Practically this will require the Head of Sustainability to work closely with a broad range of stakeholders to lead this firm’s Sustainability Strategy and champion the integration and continuous improvement of ESG.
- Lead the development and delivery of ESG and Sustainability Strategy, in line with company vision and values
- Foster collaborative integration of ESG at all levels across the business, Chairing the ESG Working Group, representing ESG Ratings and Environmental elements within the Board Health Safety and Sustainability Committee and working with key contributors
- Fulfilling external engagement opportunities identified within the ESG strategy such as Investor communications & events, reports, voluntary disclosures, rating agency engagement, and other company communication channels.
- Improving and evolving existing ESG policies, data collection, reporting processes and frameworks.
- Integrating Sustainability and ESG into new and existing business projects, developments and processes, such as Grid Battery sites and Procurement processes, acting as Subject Matter Expert
- Define, agree and deliver Net Zero strategy aligned with Climate related risks and opportunities, supported by appropriate Scope, 1, 2, 3 and 4 data aggregation and reporting
- Maintain appropriate internal stakeholder communications on environmental sustainability including Board Reports, internal comms and training materials.
- Ensure business sustainability is fully and accurately communicated in Tenders and Client presentations through support of the Sales & Business Development teams.
- Legal and voluntary compliance; Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR), ISO50001 and support of ISO14001
- Define resource requirements, agree resource budgets and manage the activity of personnel as necessary to execute ESG and net-zero delivery responsibilities
You will have
To be successful as Head of Sustainability you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Relevant experience within environmental management/consultancy and/or sustainability
- Identification of material ESG, Sustainability and Climate change risks and opportunities relevant to business needs to inform strategy development
- Engaging a broad range of stakeholder to develop ESG metrics, targets and updates to in line with global reporting standards
- Carbon accounting and climate related risk frameworks.
- Completion of submissions to the Carbon Disclosure Project, UN Global Compact, Science-Based Targets or other similar third-party frameworks.
- Environmental impact assessments and/or life cycle assessments.
- Management, oversight or involvement in energy or environmental management systems
- Leading a team
- Independently managing projects and ensuring work is delivered as expected to a high standard within allocated timeframe and budget
- Presentation at conferences and/or writing award nominations and articles for industry publications.
Plus, personal characteristics such as: Strong organisational skills, time management, communication skills, positive response to feedback, online research, clear written English, problem-solving ability, analytical skills and numeracy, the ability to build and maintain customer and other stakeholder relationships, resilient and responsive to change, strong situational judgment and risk management skills.
You will get
As Head of Sustainability, 1 Year FTC, you will enjoy a competitive salary: £55K + Package
My client is a leading brand in the market and has a reputation as a great place to work, both from a professional and social perspective. They provide excellent remote working solutions to their staff. You will have unparalleled opportunities to develop and grow your experience by being given significant responsibility as well as scope to develop your own ideas.
You can apply
To Head of Sustainability by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com