You will like
Working for a specialist utilities engineering company, that is part of a recognised global organisation. They are expanding through contract wins throughout the UK and are a great employer for a qualified Supervisor in Telcoms with Flex or Civils bias who may be looking for a unique challenge.
You will like
The Field Supervisor Telcoms jobs in Chelmsford, Birmingham, Glasgow or Exeter. Your role will be to supervise operational teams in delivery of projects and continuously improve customer service in accordance with contractual obligations, performance and health, safety, environment and quality standards.
More specifically the Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing operational teams – flex & civils
- Carry out initial site survey of route
- In the field problem solving / prove alternative solutions
- Ensure that correct drawings are available in job packs
- Liaise with various local authorities to discuss works and streetwork / permit requirements
- Schedule work for fibre delivery teams, splicers and testers.
- Compile as-laid drawing for new assets
- Support the day-to-day operations, providing operational support and quality audits. Briefing operatives on method statements, risk assessments and daily tasks/ FIMS duties
- Work with planning team to plan works
- Meeting with client representatives to build a solid working relationship and agree timescales for projects
- Supporting Project Managers to ensure swift technical problem resolution in the field
- Providing support and guidance to operatives; ensuring quality or work, procedures and methods of working are understood and adhered to
- Attend site meetings as required
You will have
To be successful as Field Supervisor Telcoms, you will have
- Experience in Utility Works / Highways works.
- Experience in FTTP build - Fibre cable installation / splicing / testing.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products – word, excel etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to produce reports / daily diaries, recording measures of works installed
- Able to conduct H&S / quality audits, managing HSEQ on site
- Hold a minimum of NRSWA Supervisors – Excavation, reinstatement, SLG – at least 12 months validity remaining, SSSTS (or SMSTS), Manual Handling and First Aid at Work certifications
- Problem solver, able to suggest design changes.
- Able to manage Fibre and civils labour sub-contract resources
You will get
- A competitive basic salary of £35K-£45K. (£35K-£40K Civils & £40K-£45K Flex)
- Plus both core and voluntary benefits including: Van, Fuel card, Laptop & phone
You can apply
To Field Supervisor Telecom by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.