You will like
Working in Consulting for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment in their London office or remote #WFH.
With a heritage spanning over 150 years, my client has a unique history of excellence. Specialising in a range of engineering design services, they have extensive UK coverage and a growing international presence. This is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
You will like
The Environmental Consultant job opportunity, working as a key member of the contaminated land team which is a valuable part of the Environmental Consulting business. The contaminated land team coordinate, manage and produce contaminated land assessments, working with a variety of technical disciplines on a wide range of different types of development. The team have expertise in the assessment of ground contamination, material and waste management, environmental permitting, due diligence and water quality.
The position is for an Environmental Consultant to work within our Environmental Consulting business in London. Clients will include private developers, public sector authorities and other organisations. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment alongside other environmental, planning, engineering, and urban design specialists, and will work closely with technical disciplines to deliver high-quality environmental consultancy services. You will report to the leader of the Contaminated Land team. The role is offered on a full-time permanent basis. More specifically:
• Working under the direction of senior staff and sharing work with graduates and other junior staff
• Undertaking desk studies and site inspections/ audits
• Designing and supervising ground investigations/ contractors, including site work, scheduling chemical testing and checking factual investigation reports and invoices • Assessing and managing data, particularly using GIS, gINT, Excel, risk assessment software and other tools such as 3D modelling in Leapfrog
• Preparation of contamination assessment reports, risk assessments, remediation strategies and verification reports
• Supporting senior staff during due diligence work
• Preparing ground conditions/contamination chapters in environmental statements
• Attending internal and external client meetings and external stakeholder liaison
• Assisting the team's research work, presentations and inputs into tenders
You will have
To be successful as Environmental Consultant , you will have a healthy mix of the following:
• A good honours degree in a relevant subject
• Working towards full membership of a relevant institution (CIWEM, IEMA, IEnvSc, Geological Society, RSC or equivalent) and considering chartership in the future.
• Good planning, organisation skills and communications skills (written and verbal)
• Confident, diligent and able to lead people
• Excellent computer and data management/ presentation skills
• Ability to continually learn and professionally develop
• Good communication and presentation skills and able to effectively negotiate
• Some experience of soil and waste management, waste classification, DQRA, hydrogeological assessment, due diligence and environmental permitting would be of benefit
You will get
As an Environmental Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £35K-£40K + comprehensive benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry-leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by the employer and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share Payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
You can apply
To Environmental Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com.
UK_MS JSM 12164