You will like
Running energy projects within unique multi-disciplinary energy services provider of strategic energy and carbon reduction consultancy services to a range of organisations from large global corporates to housebuilders and developers. They enable them to enhance long-term energy sustainability and reach net-zero carbon emissions.
With low-carbon technology, data and sustainability at the core of their ethos and business model, this firm is leading the smart energy revolution, serving the energy industry, the industrial, commercial and public sectors, as well as the wider domestic market to realise the environmental and financial benefits of smarter energy practice
You will like
The Energy Project Manager job itself which is an exciting opportunity for an experienced energy consultant/specialist to join this leading engineering and consulting company at the forefront of the energy and carbon reduction; based from Cardiff energy centre of excellence or #WFH fully flexible home working for the right candidate.
As EPM you will be responsible for the delivery of first-class energy and decarbonisation projects to commercial customers; ensuring each project is delivered on time, within scope and within budget. This includes all aspects of operational project delivery including support services and project delivery which includes project management, operations management and coordination. Responsibilities include managing and delivery of energy projects including metering, energy conservation measures (mechanical, electrical, power, thermal, and management), project facilitation, and financial services
- Represent the New Energy Systems department both internally and externally to customers, suppliers and contractors
- Review and improve operating processes regularly to ensure efficiencies are identified and maximised.
- Develop strong customer relationships across all customer spheres including: End Users, FM, Main Contractors, Consultants and M&E Contractors.
- Project manage the delivery of key projects to customers whilst maintaining margins and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute energy projects based on achieving specific project outcomes including energy saving objectives and improvement of the operation of engineering services.
- Coordinate installation work with mechanical & electrical sub-contractors as required.
- Ensure that technical and commercial specifications are readily available to enable sub-contract orders to be placed. In addition, the Project Manager shall, as necessary, be involved in negotiations with sub-contractors so that, under the conditions relating to any order placed, the company’s position is protected and payment terms are established.
- Ensure that material and labour costs are collated and reported on in accordance with company procedure.
- Manage variations to contract and cost ‘overspends’ in accordance with company procedure and in collaboration with specialist surveyors.
- Ensure that invoices and applications for payments are processed and approved in accordance with mandated time frames and applications are agreed in advance with the customer, prior to invoice submittal.
- Liaise with the Programme (or Account) Manager to ensure resource allocation is adequate and in accordance with the requirements of the programme.
- Liaise with Software Engineers and subcontractors to ensure software programming is carried out according to the requirements of the programme.
- Business development, marketing and sales activity to new / potential customers
- Ensuring agreed quality standards in all areas are maintained to a high standard
- Customer reporting and query resolution
- Reporting on project performance
- R&D of new service propositions, often using 3rd party products and services.
- Developing trusted sub-contractor relationships to scope, tender and deliver projects to a wide range of customers
- Promotion of best practice across the department and contracts
You will have
To be successful as Energy Project Manager your will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering, pure sciences, business or environmental management discipline.
- Recognised course / qualification in Project Management
- Experience of working in a consultancy capacity to define stakeholder needs in relation to the structure of project delivery and information requirements during the lifecycle of the project.
- Experience of managing client relationships in a project management or technical expert capacity.
- Possessing data analysis skills and experience of using these skills to understand and target appropriate project improvement activities.
- Experience of project management of energy engineering (mechanical, electrical, thermal and power) projects.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication to ensure technical and non-technical requirements are shared and understood by all relevant stakeholders
Plus, personal characteristics such as: Strong organisational skills, time management, communication skills, positive response to feedback, online research, clear written English, problem-solving ability, analytical skills and numeracy, the ability to build and maintain customer and other stakeholder relationships, resilient and responsive to change, strong situational judgement and risk management skills.
You will get
As Energy Project Manager you will enjoy a competitive salary: £32K – £36K + Package
My client is a leading brand in the market and has a reputation as a great place to work, both from a professional and social perspective. They provide excellent remote working solutions to their staff. You will have unparalleled opportunities to develop and grow your experience by being given significant responsibility as well as scope to develop your own ideas and support to obtain chartership.
You can apply
To Energy Project Manager by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com