You will like
Working in house for automotive retail automotive firm helping deliver significant expansion. This company prides itself on their great culture, where they reward initiative and promote continual professional improvement. You will be provided with significant support and resources to succeed in the position.
You will like
The Employers Agent Quantity Surveyor role itself which is an exciting opportunity for a capable client-side Quantity Surveyor/ Employers Agent to join an expanding organisation specialising in the retail automotive sector.
Reporting to the Head of Construction, in this newly created role you, you will have full accountability for preparing, managing, and reporting all financial costs on a number of Midlands & Northern based industrial/ commercial projects, each valued up to £10m. More specifically:
- Produce cost plans & construction estimates based on design information.
- Attending site regularly as well as internal and external client facing meetings.
- Considering items submitted by the contractor for 'approval', as required
- Work with and collaborate with key partners, e.g. finance, operational teams, consultancies, engineering, sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Provide value engineering options & cost planning, as well as creating a tender pack to be sent to an agreed supply chain list
- Negotiate contract documents and draft contracts for construction works
- You’ll present monthly valuations to the business as well as providing accurate financial reporting & Post contract commercial support for designated packages of work, including subcontract, materials, and direct labour.
- Ensure projects are successfully delivered within cost and time constraints
- Assist with commercial management of various work packages, these may include Design, Installation, Test & Commission, Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way
- Be responsible for work package change control and management
#WFH Working from home or remote working approved. UK – Flexible Location, Birmingham/ Midlands preferable, other UK locations considered
You will have
To be successful as Employers Agent Quantity Surveyor you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Substantial Quantity Surveyor / Contracts Administrator experience working within a contractor/ client-side project environment.
- Experience ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, defence, construction etc.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar)
- Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods
- Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
- Good negotiation skills with ability to manage expectations
- Good contractual knowledge and experience
You will get
As Employers Agent Quantity Surveyor, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £50K-£55K + Car + Benefits
You can apply
To Employers Agent Quantity Surveyor by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com