You will like
Working for a world-class firm in the innovation, research development, manufacture and distribution of technically sophisticated products. This includes power & electronics systems, components & testing, primarily for hi-tech, defence & MOD sectors. You can play a lead role in designing and delivering these products & solutions from HQ in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK.
You will like
The Embedded Software Engineer Lead job itself where you will engage across the business to conceive and design innovative products. You will be responsible to drive key aspects of product definition, design, optimisation, implementation, and testing. They are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible, has a great eye for detail and be happy working in an open collaborative business environment.
More specifically, you will be leading the software and firmware development, including:
- Use your advanced software development expertise to lead the team to develop better software practices and principles.
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug embedded software systems.
- Work with requirements and prototypes across all departments.
- Collaborate and lead the Software Engineers to integrate embedded systems.
You will have
To be successful as Embedded Software Engineer Lead you will meet the following requirements:
- Educated to degree level in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- A wealth of experience building embedded software.
- Embedded C/C++ experience.
- Strong experience in embedded system programming:
- BSP and device drivers development and debugging.
- Embedded controllers’ development, including component datasheet reading, embedded programming and code writing, hardware and software debugging.
- Real-time constraints and hardware interfaces
- SPI, UART, I2C, USB, ETH and MQTT, Ethernet
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including:
- Requirements gathering
- Software design
- Source control management
- Build processes
- Code reviews
- Testing methods
- Experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Developing modems, QoS, IP switching, integration with different configurable HW
- Networking and/or wireless, TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Experience with development embedded web application JS/HTML/CSS is an advantage.
- Team management or supervisory experience.
You will get
The Embedded Software Engineer Lead will enjoy a competitive salary of £50-£80K Neg + package including possible relo
You can apply
For Embedded Software Engineer Lead by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or give me a call at 01275 331307