You will like
Working near Glastonbury, Somerset, for a world-class firm in the manufacture and service materials testing equipment and accessories for heavy industrial applications worldwide.
You will like
The Electrical Technician job itself, which will suit a PC-literate electronic/electrical technician to build and maintain a range of automatic microscopes and to work on the electrical systems of other products. This is a role with plenty of variety: you will be involved in the manufacture, service and repair of a range of quality control products including electronic assembly, mechanical assembly, machine wiring, panel wiring and problem-solving / fault finding and calibration.
Software installation and the diagnosis and resolving of software-related issues (both directly on the machines and via remote access software - for example, TeamViewer or similar) is an essential part of the role.
You may undertake occasional site work in this country and abroad; installing/commissioning new machines as well as servicing existing installations, and you will become a UKAS approved operator and signatory.
This a full time, permanent position in a team environment with an initial six-month probationary period. You will be expected to undertake any relevant training course funded by or provided by the company to extend/improve skill levels and performance and the awareness of current requirements.
You will have
To be successful as Electrical Technician your background may be as a computer repair technician, electrical technician, electronics technician, instruments technician, electronics test engineer or panel wireman, any or all of which will give you a good grounding for the type of work involved, but knowledge of three-phase, mains and cabinet wiring is needed. More specifically:
- A minimum HNC-level qualification in Electronic / Electrical Engineering
- The ability to learn quickly and to work unsupervised once training is complete
- Dexterity in handling small components and good eyesight (corrected vision is fine)
- Experience in troubleshooting software (Microsoft Windows) and hardware issues
- Good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers and supplier
- The ability to follow procedures and to prioritise work.
- Experience in fault finding down to PCB level (component level experience is not essential).
- Knowledge of the basics of workshop practice
- Good soldering skills are highly advantageous.
- A full UK driving licence (maximum 3 penalty points) is required.
You will get
As an Electrical Technician, you will enjoy a competitive salary negotiable from £27,500 depending on skills and experience.
You can apply
For Electrical Technician by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org