You will like
Working for a reputable consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets. This exciting role sits within their thriving multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering team in Bristol.
You will like
The Ecology Team lead job itself, which is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly rated professional team with a strong reputation for quality, technical knowledge and providing our public and private sector clients across the with commercially focused solutions.
More specifically, you will be working within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of high-profile UK projects that include strategic residential and mixed-use development sites and infrastructure projects. The scope of work involves early engagement at the due diligence or feasibility stage, with a focus on pre-planning protected species surveys, assessments and mitigation design through to post-planning works.
You will have
To be successful as Ecology Team lead you will be a degree qualified ecologist with a demonstrable track record in consultancy and healthy mix of the following:
- Have at least 15* years’ commercial consultancy experience and have Full Membership of CIEEM and/or Chartered Ecologist status.
- Have experience of people and project management.
- Ability to lead and develop a local team and interface with the national team.
- Understand the Southwest market and opportunities for growth.
- Have a working knowledge of ecological legislation and the planning process in the UK.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of ecological taxa, survey methods/ assessment types (including a working knowledge of Biodiversity Net Gain and Ecological Impact Assessment) and protected species licencing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the EIA and HRA process.
- Ideally Public Inquiry expert witness skills and experience.
- Experience in directing large scale survey programmes, digital data collection, and validation.
- Experienced in financial management, business development and marketing.
- Ideally have experience in both linear infrastructure and property development projects.
- General working knowledge of health and safety requirements, with specific reference to those associated with rail infrastructure work.
- Experience in a variety of planning mechanisms, including the Transport Works Order Act, Development Consent Orders, and the Town & Country Planning Acts.
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent communication (including technical report writing) skills and an ability to prepare fee proposals/tenders.
- Be able to provide pragmatic, commercially aware ecological advice to our portfolio of major clients.
You will get
As Ecology Team lead you will enjoy a competitive salary of £50K-£60K according to skills and experience, together with flexible benefits package
Annual salary reviews, Generous holiday allowance of 26 days (rising to 31) in addition to bank holidays, Fantastic training and development culture.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities to strong performing candidates, within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
You can apply
To the Ecology Team lead job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or send CV to email@example.com