You will like
Working in Western Canada, (location TBA), for this global leading bio-pharma firm with opportunity for growth, providing strategic, essential products before, during & after Covid-19!
You will like
The Director Supply Chain Management job itself where you will report to the Global VP of Supply Chain, and direct a network of both site and remote functional workstream workers, in support of a matrixed model. The role will ultimately lead through both solid and dotted line reporting structures. This role is the single point of contact for all site SC functionalities. It is a key partner to the site SLT and Leader. It is also a visible and key leader across all our sites ensuring returns for both the corporation as well as the individual site they serve based on a predisposed Service Level Agreement.
This role is key to the success of our corporation. Interfacing with internal and external partners to achieve strategic product supply requirements is a must. The successful candidate will ensure that issues regarding new/existing products are resolved in a timely and cost-efficient manner with an assurance of harmonization in practices and system adoption across our network. One of the key requirements for success are disciplined time management skills to ensure site success while leading and realizing best demonstrated practices across a specific work stream under management.
The role works closely with Fellow Global Supply Chain Peers, Site Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, and Sales Operations in a matrixed reporting environment. Using Operational Excellence principles, develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. Delivers on Global Supply Chains core value proposition of Spend Value, Efficiency and De-Risking of the end to end supply chain.
- Candidate will be responsible for Management and oversight of all Production Planning, Warehousing, Master Data, Inventory Control and Distribution activities for Canadian facilities in accordance with cGMP regulations, while we transition to a center lead work stream model.
- Once the operating model transitions, will assume leadership of a supply chain work stream leading a cross site team in the possible areas of MPS/S&OP, MRP, Procurement, Warehousing, Logistics, Freight, Import / Export, Distribution etc., while maintaining single point of facility oversite for total Supply Chain operations.
- Active participant on Winnipeg’s Site Leadership Team executing to the sites 5 year growth strategy plan.
- Role will support / implement the Enterprise’s Harmonization initiatives for Supply Chain and other adjacent operations as needed.
- Responsible for oversight of all transportation and logistics as required to support the shipment of licensed product as well as other materials including pre-clinical / clinical products, wip and equipment etc.
- Accountable for Department Cost Center performance.
- Drive financial performance of business units by identifying risks and opportunities in the supply chain and recommending solutions.
- Developing strategic Plans supported by Capital Expenditure and Operational Expense budgets.
- Primary liaison for any/all Contract Manufacturing activities including scheduling, issue resolution, change implementation, performance monitoring and development, contract negotiation etc.
- Supply Chain Management SME for Regulatory inspections for ongoing Manufacturing Operations and PAI submissions.
- Facilitate Site Operations and BU Sales & Operations Planning (S & OP) for 18 month rolling forecast of Manufacturing activities and Delivery expectations as driven by current demand.
- Maintain, adapt and implement robust Cold Chain shipping solutions as required.
- Provide system oversight for Sarbanes Oxley process controls for Supply Chain Management responsibilities.
Approximately 5% to 10% OR minimal travel to other sites. (May include international travel).
You will have
To be successful as the Director Supply Chain Management you will possess at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a supportive course of study with augmenting experience to support this matrixed role. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8-10 years of demonstrated Supply Chain Management experience, have extensive knowledge of cGMP and Global Regulatory requirements and have prior Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or chemical manufacturing experience. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
- Incumbent must possess at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a supportive course of study with augmenting experience to support this matrixed role. Degrees in Supply Chain or Operations Management along with related experience from the armed services is a plus.
- APICS/CPM Certification desired.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of demonstrated Supply Chain Management experience.
- A progressive increase in role of Management responsibility within the Supply Chain Organization.
- Extensive knowledge of cGMP and Global Regulatory requirements.
- Prior Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or chemical manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with Import and Export Controls is a strong plus
- Prior Cold Chain distribution experience required.
- SAP experience preferred
You will get
As Director Supply Chain Management , you will enjoy a highly competitive salary $Negotiable + Benefits + Relo
You can apply
To Director Supply Chain Management by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com