You will like
Managing design & tendering within the Toronto office of Canadian division of specialist international water engineering firm. They provide complete engineering solution groundwater management and dewatering contracts and are renowned for the quality of their people. Due to increased business opportunity in Ontario, this newly created role is a great opportunity to join their team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff.
You will like
The Design Manager Dewatering job itself where you will carry out design and tenders for dewatering schemes by analysing site investigation information, pumping tests and other information to determine the most cost-effective solution for clients. An extensive training and development program which will commence after your probationary period. This blue-chip firm is part of a global dewatering company who have won some of the largest dewatering contracts in Canada including transportation infrastructure projects in the GTA. Having been focused solely on these GTA projects in recent years, they are now expanding the reach and are looking for a design manager to build and manage the dewatering tender/estimating department. More specifically:
- Carrying out dewatering designs and cost estimates.
- Identifying and following up new business leads.
- Ensuring enquiries are appropriately logged and responded to including organising site and client visits.
- To act as the key point of contact for clients throughout the design and tender process.
- Make an assessment of geo-environmental site investigation reports and associated documents.
- Prepare tenders, proposals and quotations. Prepare supporting costing for quotations.
- Select the appropriate methodology to be used, prepare design notes & calculations.
- Develop and implement strategies for following up quotations, maintaining contact with the client and tracking.
You will have
To be successful as Design Manager Dewatering you will have
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A relentless enthusiasm and tenacity to pursue commercial opportunities.
- The ability to plan and organise own workload as well as that of the team
- Understanding of business development and marketing strategies
- Experience and confidence in managing others
- Commercial awareness, ideally including knowledge of construction industry contracts
- Beneficial to have a working knowledge of SEEP/W finite element modelling
- Ability to use techniques and methods which can be used to improve marketing
You will get
As Design Manager Dewatering you will enjoy a competitive salary, likely $100K - $125K + Package
You can apply
To Design Manager Dewatering pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com, or give me a call at 01275 331307.