Design Engineer, c£35k + benefits
Employer: Product Design Consultancy, based in Hereford. Growing team. Exceptional new offices.
This rapidly growing Product Design Consultancy enjoys a huge variety and diversity of work supporting entrepreneurs and multinational businesses alike. Entrusted with projects for well-known and newer brands, whether taking a concept idea all the way through to production, or designing new ranges, the creation of successful products is what drives our passion for what we do. Combined with a genuine understanding of real-world design, we enjoy an outstanding market reputation, rapid and sustainable growth through on-boarding of new customers, as well as an enviable pipeline of repeat business. The norm is delivering above and beyond customer expectation, it’s a “work hard” and “love what we do” environment where employee satisfaction is high, staff turnover low and further career prospects are realistic and achievable.
Overview: As a Design Engineer, you will work independently as well as part of the larger team on client projects, bringing ideas to life. You will be responsible for various product design projects, from concept to prototyping through to manufacturing. You will communicate with all stakeholders. A full job description and link to our website will be provided at the time of shortlisting.
Working under the direction of the Design Director, the main skills required for the Design Engineer will include:
- Significant proven experience in mechanical/product design engineering
- Experience working with a broad range of materials including metals and plastics
- Variety of knowledge with regards to general fabrication and manufacturing methods – it is likely that you will have been used to interfacing with and working on the ‘shop floor’ and can demonstrate hands-on making capabilities
- Problem solving – finding solutions intuitively and efficiently
- Sound knowledge and experience of design for injection moulding – proven track record of designing injection moulded products and experience with overfolded components. An understanding in tool design would be beneficial. Good material knowledge of hard plastics and rubbers required
- Excellent CAD skills (SolidWorks) will be crucial in this post
- Expertise with Rhino software would be advantageous
- Attention to detail will be second nature
- Comfortable customer facing, therefore well presented, personable, genuine and trustworthy
- A positive, outgoing personality with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Whilst you will enjoy sole specific project responsibilities, being a team player with a good humour is also essential.
- You will have a relevant degree qualification or equivalent, or a proven level of engineering experience
- In the main you will be office based, however, this role may require some travel, usually in the UK
- You will be required to use our project and client management software, TeamWork – training available
- You must share our ‘client is king’ and smaller business mentality i.e. we all pull together
- You should believe that continuous improvement is a given!
- You will be living in a commutable distance (or prepared to self-relocate) to Hereford.
Salary & Benefits: c£35,000 per annum, pension (NEST); additional employee perks/discount scheme; 23 days annual leave plus bank and statutory holidays, usual office hours are 9am to 5pm.