You will like
Working in Sustainability & Decarbonisation policy for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
Their expert staff design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. Safety and sustainability are embedded in everything they do and they have a highly inclusive culture and encourage diversity.
You will like
The Sustainability Decarbonisation Consultant job which is an excellent opportunity for a Climate Change and Decarbonisation specialist to join one of the most sought-after consultancy firms in a pivotal role. Working at Local and National level they provide strategic advice to a whole range of prestigious clients, supporting them in achieving net zero and climate change resilience. This role will see you at the forefront of advising and developing policies, integrating multiple services to support the drive towards a more sustainable future.
In this role, you will work as part of a peer group of specialists and project managers, supported by a strong and diverse team of consultants and senior leaders. The role requires strong content knowledge in the field of environment and sustainability, together with excellent project co-ordination, report writing and communication skills. The role requires strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with others.
Responsibilities include and coordination and delivery of decarbonisation advisory services, local area, regional and strategic energy planning, low carbon assessments, mitigation and enhancement design for major infrastructure projects, zero emissions transport advisory services, and sustainability advisory services.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary environmental, sustainability and consulting teams
- Being an integrator across the business and championing our net zero and climate services plan
- Preparing and delivering compelling client- and public-facing reports
- Developing comprehensive reports recommendations for mitigation and enhancement
- Preparing and delivering presentations and/or training to client teams and stakeholders
- Active participation in knowledge and skills networks within and the wider professional community
- Contributing to the corporate sustainability of my client as a firm
You will have
To be successful as a Sustainability Decarbonisation Consultant, you will have knowledge, or first-hand experience of climate and decarbonisation in the context of strategic planning, policy and/or major infrastructure planning. An appreciation of sustainability policy and agendas and interrelationships between environment, social trends, health and well-being. You will need a healthy mix of the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s university degree in a relevant environmental or sustainability-related discipline
- Experience and track record in at least two of sustainability strategy and policy, net-zero energy systems, transport decarbonisation, carbon accounting, sustainable infrastructure planning
- Experience working in a relevant field of consulting.
- Understanding of the principles of sustainable development, UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Well-Being of Future Generations (Wales) Act
- Experience with writing and editing technical and non-technical reports
- Project and commercial management experience, including project planning and budgeting.
- Candidates should be chartered or working towards Chartership in a relevant professional institution e.g. IEMA
You will get
As a Sustainability Decarbonisation Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £50 - £55K together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry-leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by the employer and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit SharePayments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
You can apply
To Sustainability Decarbonisation Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com