You will like
Working for a leading supplier of specialist test and measurement instruments plus UK independent laboratory for testing, validation and performance of HVAC products and systems. This organisation are renowned as the benchmark in quality and offer standard testing to BS, EN and ISO for CE approval and compliance with local, national and global markets.
You will like
The Calibration Technician AKA Test Technician job itself which is an exciting opening for an in-house Technician at a world-class facility. The role of a Calibration Technician in the laboratory will be to test, calibrate, operate and repair electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, electrohydraulic, or electronic measuring and recording instruments, apparatus, and equipment. To give context, as an official distributor to over 20 of the leading manufacturers in the Test and Instrumentation market, this organisation are able to offer a choice of the best instruments available to meet client requirements.
As Calibration Technician your main duties will be:
- • Operation of and adherence to procedures defined within the quality manual.
- • The conduct of calibrations under ISO 9001 & BS EN ISO/IEC 17025 quality systems
- • The production of calibration and test certificates.
- • Instrument fault diagnosis and some minor repairs.
- • Liaison with clients advising them on instrument use/repair/replacements.
- • If required in-house demonstrations of product use to customers.
- • Assistance to the internal sales desk dealing with technical queries.
- • The testing, calibration and maintenance/repair of hire stock of instruments
- • If required, occasional on-site visits to set-up and remove rental equipment.
- • Work in a team promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- • Manage personal and professional development
This role’s working pattern is 37 hours per week, Mon – Thursday 8.30am-5pm and on Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
You will have
To be successful as Calibration Technician AKA Test Technician you will have
- • Experience of working in a calibration laboratory to ISO 9001 or ISO17025.
- • Minimum BTEC in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or similar
- • Methodical with a practical ability including diagnostic skills.
- • A good communicator.
- • Numerate and literate as the work involves rudimentary calculations and a significant amount of written materials.
- • PC literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft software packages. • Ability to work unsupervised to meet deadlines.
You will get
As Calibration Technician you will enjoy salary of £20K-£22K negotiable on experience + package
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance – 4 times annual gross reference salary (after confirmation), 26 Annual Holidays (pro-rata) and additional 8 Bank Holidays etc.
You can apply
To Calibration Technician by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com or give me a call at 01275 331307.