You will like
Working in Consulting for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
With a heritage spanning over 150 years, my client has a unique history of excellence. Specialising in a range of engineering design services, they have extensive UK coverage and a growing international presence. This is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
You will like
The Waste & Resources Consultant job, where you will be joining my client’s Resources and Waste team in London and be part of a progressive, enthusiastic, and creative team working on multi-disciplinary and high-profile projects of national importance in the UK, India, Middle East, Africa, Europe and Globally.
The role will primarily focus on the preparation of sustainable resource and waste management strategies, and the preparation of waste-related environmental impact assessments for major developments in London, the UK and globally.
You would need to undertake and supervise technical work, manage specialist and multi-disciplinary project teams, and be responsible for quality and budget control. Client liaison, leading proposal preparation from inception to completion, and marketing my client’s offering will also be important aspects of the role. You will report to the resource and waste business leader in London.
You will have
To be successful as a Waste & Resources Consultant, you will likely be a full member of CIWM with consultancy experience, you should be highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on your own initiative. Plus you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- A good honour and master’s degree in a relevant subject such as environmental/civil engineering, chemical engineering, environmental sciences or similar
- Full membership of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management will be ideally required.
- Excellent knowledge of UK and EU resource and waste policy and legislation including circular economy principles, carbon reduction and resource consumption.
- Strong technical and financial knowledge and experience of waste storage, collection, transport and treatment technologies (MRF, IVC, MBT, AD, WtE, pyrolysis and gasification etc)
- Experience in developing resource and waste management strategies for local authorities and/or new development projects including knowledge of life-cycle assessment tools (e.g., WRATE)
- Good experience of waste auditing and preparation of environmental impact assessment of major development schemes
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
- A strong focus of meeting and exceeding client requirements and a commitment to excellence is critical.
- Excellent analytical skills will be required, in relation to waste technical and project management issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across disciplines.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent project management skills
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen
You must be able to travel across the UK and work away from home, with potential periods of international travel on assignments, when required.
You will get
As a Waste & Resources Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £60K - £65K + comprehensive benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry-leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by the employer and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit SharePayments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
You can apply
To Waste & Resources Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com.