You will like
Leading in Sustainability for one of the UK’s most highly regarded multi-disciplinary consultancies, comprising of designers, planners, engineers, consultants, and technical specialists. with a reputation for outstanding projects delivery, a fantastic culture, and continuous learning and career development.
You will like
The Technical Director Sustainability job which could be a career-defining opportunity for a highly experienced sustainability professional to play a lead role in one of the UK’s most ambitious and dynamic consultancies.
Due to their ongoing success, they are looking for a Director to join the Sustainability leadership team that is shaping and growing their sustainability practice in the UK. The role will focus on building revenue with accounts associated with their transport and infrastructure business. This includes working with government and private sector clients, their supply chains and lenders and investors to optimise strategies for investment, delivery of programmes and implementation of projects for sustainable outcomes, in particular net zero and managing climate change risks.
In this role, you will continue to build relationships with existing clients and cultivate new opportunities across other sectors. The role will include supporting the growth of the sustainability team as a whole and identifying leaders within the team to focus on key services for clients.
- Project management and delivery of existing pipeline of work.
- Maximise scope of work with new and existing clients
- Provide leadership for sustainability advisory as part of the Sustainability Advisory Leadership Team.
- Development of capability and providing technical leadership and mentoring to the team.
- Service delivery.
- Influencing key stakeholders in my client’s business to develop the Sustainability Advisory opportunities.
- Provide Technical Leadership to the teams, developing capability and mentoring others to support the growth of the service area.
- Generating high value sales through collaborative working.
- Leading exceptional client outcomes through service excellence.
- Cultivating insights and solutions and innovating our service offering with clients and within the business.
- Leading and engaging with the ESG agenda and embracing diversity, inclusion and well-being in the working environment.
- Supporting Community/Non-project initiatives that positively impact my client ability to attract top talent.
Location: UK Flexible. The role can be based anywhere in the UK with offices in most major cities and flexible working arrangements.
You will have
To be successful as the Technical Director Sustainability you will have strong technical capability combined with a growth mindset and a natural flair for client development and leadership. Plus a healthy mix of the following:
- Expert technical knowledge of Sustainability and Climate & Carbon Advisory consultancy.
- The ability to add value to a client relationship and develop client accounts.
- Contribution to sales from identification of new account development, sell-on opportunities, bid support etc.
- Networking and client liaison including ownership of internal and external client relationship development.
- Work collaboratively and develop relationships with key contacts within the business to bring Sustainability and Climate & Carbon Advisory services to existing Clients.
- Strong commercial skills including the ability to understand a client’s key risks and drivers, and the commercial context of operations.
- Identify strengths within the team, support growth and ensure robust outcomes for clients.
You will get
As a Technical Director Sustainability, you will enjoy a competitive salary of up to £100K + comprehensive benefits package.
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
You can apply
To Technical Director Sustainability by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.