Team Leader – Specialist Maintenance Services / Engineering
The basic starting salary is £28,000 (increasing to £30k following 6 months service and completion of induction and training), plus allowances and occasional overtime bringing expected annual pay to £35-£45,000 + and a discretionary 10% annual bonus
Requiring travel from regional headquarters based in Stockton-On-Tees, Middlesborough.
Founded in 2006, our business continues to grow, offering consulting and niche engineering, and maintenance services predominantly to the energy, waste and biomass sectors across the UK and Ireland.
As Team Leader you will be working alongside and leading a small team to deliver essential specialist plant/machinery cleaning and maintenance services to our growing and diverse client base.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, working in a ‘hands-on’ as well as leadership role. You will manage the relevant tools, supplies and associated paperwork; this role is customer facing at a variety of client sites across the UK.
THE ROLE – TEAM LEADER
- Working in a ‘hands on’ capacity alongside your team on client sites
- Provide direction, leadership and mentoring to the team (usually two direct reports), ensuring achievement of the tasks assigned, managing labour and resources efficiently
- Maintain Health and Safety standards
- Monitor procedures and processes for the receipt, storage, transportation and use of tools and associated products; stock control; maintaining records for an equipment inventory using Excel
- Site audits, to ensure consistent levels of quality in our service and capabilities
- Plan and document projects delivered to ensure continuous improvement and shared learning amongst the teams and feedback to customers
- Ensure that customer requirements are carried out efficiently and according to each project assigned in line with method statements and operating handbook
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager and wider teams to ensure a professional, smooth and efficient service is provided and best practice maintained
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE – TEAM LEADER
- Hands-on engineering, maintenance or similar/associated background – we will be flexible provided you can demonstrate the appropriate desire to learn and suitability for the tasks assigned
- You must be prepared to work in a hands-on capacity alongside your team on jobs at client sites
- Able to demonstrate effective leadership, supporting employee engagement and motivation
- Previous experience of strict health + safety rules and regulations
- After the relevant training, the ability to work under own initiative without day-to-day supervision
- Driving licence (able to drive company van)
- Ability to travel and occasionally stay overnight in hotels
As Team Leader you will enjoy, basic pay £28-£30k plus *allowances (and occasional overtime) bringing the annual expected gross pay up to between £35-45k; pension; 30 days (increasing with each years’ completed service) annual leave plus including bank holidays; working hours Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (*overnight stays at client locations for which you will be paid allowances).