***Required: A new Sustainability Engineer to work for my client***
If you've got demonstrable experience of a consultancy environment then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Interested? Then read on...
Tell me more about the role...
You will be primarily responsible for supporting and managing multidisciplinary projects while providing technical support and two Junior Engineers. Your role will be to key in this dynamic team, as part of a challenging and stimulating environment with a myriad of opportunities to apply your growing knowledge and expertise to a range of exciting projects. You will undertake feasibility, design and site stage activities for building projects (new and refurbishment).
Based in the company's Manchester office, you'll report to the Sustainability Team Leader and will be tasked with the following:
- Leading building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client-facing activity
- Building services design elements for both small and major projects working closely with other Team Members
- Offering consultancy advice and prepare design reports in a timely fashion and within budget
- Sharing and expanding knowledge through participation at relevant skills networks
What experience do I need?
My client wants someone who's got experience in a consultancy environment.
They'll also need you to have experience of:
- Low carbon building design
- Alternative sustainability rating systems
- Climate change adaptation strategies
- The social sustainability aspects of building projects
- Energy reduction through behaviour change
- Leading project teams
- Relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.G. IT systems, bim, thermal/energy analysis, calculation packages, etc
In addition, it's essential that you possess relevant engineering degree and a chartership with a masters engineering degree or working towards.
You'll also need to be the following:
- Understanding of current local and national issues within sustainability and climate change agendas
- Adaptable, resilient and able to work in multidisciplinary settings
- Able to work autonomously whilst being a productive member of a team
If you've got all of that, then you could be perfect for this Sustainability Engineer role and we'd love to see your CV.
What can I earn?
This Sustainability Engineer position offers an attractive basic salary of up to £45,000 per annum for the perfect candidate.
On top of this, you can expect to receive an additional bonus should the company hit its targets (details of which will be revealed on application).
In addition, you'll get other benefits which include the following:
- UK healthcare plan (private medical insurance)
- Life assurance, accident insurance, and income protection (long term disability) cover
- Flexible benefits plan
Tell me a bit about the hiring company...
The business you'll be working for is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. More specifically in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & GAs) and power & energy sectors.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Have expert staff who design lasting solutions and offer strategic consulting and project delivery services
- Ensure afety and sustainability are embedded in everything they do and they have a highly inclusive culture and encourage diversity
- Enable you to be involved with a range of challenging and complex projects that will complement your career and experience
Think you've got what it takes?
If you think you're the perfect fit for this Sustainability Engineer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Sustainability Engineer position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Senior Sustainability Engineer, Sustainability Consultant, Senior Sustainability Consultant or as an Environmental Engineer.