You will like
Operating at the Principal level within a successful international MEP consulting engineering firm. They are renowned for the quality of their people who you will find enthusiastic, creative and knowledgeable. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to join their team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff.
You will like
The Principal/Associate level Sustainability Consultant job itself, working for our client in either their Oxford or Cambridge office, where your responsibilities will include growing the company's revenue, by ensuring those Strategic and Key Leading building performance simulation and energy related workstreams, using a range of modelling approaches, tools and techniques:
Energy and carbon strategies, Building Regulations Part L assessments using Elmhurst and IES, HVAC network modelling, In-Use energy modelling and assessment, Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments, Façade performance evaluation, Parametric environmental design assessment, Renewable energy feasibility studies, Sustainable master-planning and energy network assessment.
- Supporting the development of junior staff in the team, helping them to improve their understanding and skills in energy simulation and building performance.
- Developing energy strategies with our clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of development types/ sectors
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the team.
- Supporting the development of holistic Sustainability Strategies.
- Supporting the team with the completion of environmental assessments (such as BREEAM, WELL, etc), where necessary.
- Working with other members of the team on business related research and development tasks.
You will have
To be successful as a Principal/ Associate level Sustainability Consultant you will have
- Experience working within the built environment sector.
- Chartered status and relevant Accreditations
- Knowledge of environmental assessment methodologies, from pre-assessment to post-construction stage assessments. Experience of Design for Performance
- Knowledge and experience of REVIT
- Embodied Energy Assessments – using recognised software
- Experience in implementing Zero Carbon Strategies
- Passivhaus – qualified PH Designer or Consultant, or a good working knowledge of the methodology
- Appreciation of broader sustainability issues, such as sustainability governance and reporting, sustainability strategies, climate change adaptation, behaviour change, etc.
You will get
As Principal/ Associate level Sustainability Consultant you will enjoy a competitive salary, likely £50K-£58K and both core and flexible benefits including:
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with your service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Voluntary benefits scheme
Also be assured of a friendly and dynamic team working environment, hybrid working & opportunities for career progression.
You can apply
To Principal/ Associate level Sustainability Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com