You will like
Working in Consulting for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
With a heritage spanning over 150 years, my client has a unique history of excellence. Specialising in a range of engineering design services, they have extensive UK coverage and a growing international presence. The approach to environmental sustainability, led by the work of the Sustainability Group, has been instrumental to their success.
Their Sustainability Group is an industry leader in its approach to sustainable design, construction and operation for buildings and infrastructure. Focused on achieving ever greater standards of environmental sustainability, the Group thrives on its dynamic, innovative, and ambitious working culture.
You will like
The Sustainability Consultant ESG job, which is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced senior ESG/sustainability consultant, specialising in responsible business, sustainability/ESG strategy and reporting. The role is based in the Environment Team in London.
Your role would be to support work with clients at a corporate/organisational/portfolio level across a range of sectors, including Property, Infrastructure, Financial and Public sectors. More specifically:
- Visioning and future scenario testing
- Materiality Assessment
- Objective, target and KPI setting
- Sustainability/ESG Strategy development
- Strategy implementation
- Monitoring and assessment
- Reporting and feedback
- Investor disclosure
In delivering this work, the role requires close working with other teams including digital, behaviour change, communications, foresight, planning, urban design and environmental and social topic specialists. You will be Project Manager on a number of projects, responsible for understanding a client's needs, bringing together the right skills, and managing all aspects of the project to deliver valuable outcomes for the client. The role is very client focused, and you will manage relationships with a number of different key clients. You would be involved in aspects including mentoring, resource management, marketing and business planning and be able to lead on bidding processes for new work.
You will have
To be successful as a Sustainability Consultant ESG, you will be a motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious individual with existing environmental / sustainability consultancy experience, able to work on your own initiative. You will have a healthy mix of the following areas:
- Education to degree level but preferably a Masters degree
- Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent.
- You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious individual with existing sustainability advisory experience, able to work on your own initiative.
- You will have knowledge, or first-hand experience, in some or all of the following areas:
- Experience supporting development and/or implementation of sustainability strategies/management systems for organisations/sectors.
- Experience supporting development of ESG/sustainability reports in accordance with recognised standards
- Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation,
- Awareness of relevant standards and schemes:: Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), GRESB, Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD), CDP, EMS ISO 14001
- Background in finance or economics
- IEMA Registered Environmental Auditor
- Training in investor disclosures such as GRESB
You will get
As a Sustainability Consultant ESG, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £40K - £45K + comprehensive benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry-leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by the employer and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit SharePayments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
You can apply
To Sustainability Consultant ESG by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com.