You will like
Working with niche aviation engineering innovator in Uxbridge, West London where you will be literally saving lives! This family-owned firm, design and manufacture specific safety systems for aerospace clients and they are renowned for first-class products & services. You will be part of a top-gun team and work with the brightest and best of British engineers.
You will like
The Software Engineer job itself (which is an Engineering job NOT an IT job), where you will be responsible for the complete life-cycle of software products, from research and design to implementation, testing and support in line with the engineering specification, including associated international standards, military standards and MBA requirements. The role is required to produce technical documentation at all stages of the software life-cycle and to participate in peer reviews, programme/project reviews and audits.
This will include effective workload planning, generation of technical calculations and corresponding reports, design reviews, verification activities and presentations is also required to support the development of the design. It will also be necessary to work effectively with internal and external customers to achieve the optimum design through in-depth consultation with all project stakeholders.
Detailed job descriptions can be made available upon application. There are two Software Engineer roles available. One role majors in C# & /Net and the other majors in Embedded C & Ada.
You will have
To be successful as Software Engineer you will have a good mix of the following:
- An appropriate engineering based degree
- Ideally 1’st or 2:1 degree from Russell Group/Red Brick University
- Member of a recognised professional body (RAeS, IMechE, IET, etc)
- Familiarity with a broad range of engineering and software concepts and practices.
- Knowledge and application of Aerospace / Defence or similar design.
- Experience with at least two of the following languages, C, C++, C#, Ada, Java, .Net
- Good problem solving/investigative skills and data analysis skills
You will get
As a Software Engineer, you will enjoy a salary of £40K-£50K DOE + Package.
- Non-contributory pension scheme at minimum 9%
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare cash plan including optical & dental cover
- The equivalent of 25 days annual leave and 8 statutory holidays
- Lunchtime finish on a Friday
- Childcare vouchers (via salary sacrifice)
- On-site occupational health team
- Annual appraisal and development process for all employees
- Great working environment including heavily subsidised canteen
You can apply
To Software Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org