You will like
Working on-site in Sellafield Cumbria, for this leading Construction Contractor, majoring on civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland. They have a balanced portfolio across civil and structural projects and cover commercial, residential, infrastructure, utilities and specialist jobs including demolition, asbestos removal & waste management. They have an impressive order book with varied projects from £1M – £20M+. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction.
You will like
The job as Site Engineer where you will join an experienced site team as Site Engineer on a high profile nuclear project in the North West of England, near the beautiful Lake District.
The role includes managing parts of the construction project, providing expert technical advice and using developed skills in interpreting engineering information and surveying/setting out. More specifically:
- Health & Safety, Environment and Sustainability, inc. acceptable practice (CDMs & RAMS) and behaviours
- Setting Out/Dimensional Control (groundworks & structural) inc. use of GPS, total station & automatic levels
- Workforce engagement with the site team inc. subcontractor supervision
- Procurement, monitoring and recording of materials, plant and logistics
- Implementing QA procedures including M&E sign off, drainage testing, concrete pre/post pour checks & compiling subcontractor snag lists
- Record keeping and reporting inc. compiling information for O&M manuals, as-built drawings
- Keeping to programme, and scope of works.
This is a site-based job, 7.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday.
You will have
To be successful as a Site Engineer, you will be an experienced Site Engineer with at least 2 years setting out experience. Your Site Engineering experience will ideally include civils/structures within general/civils contractor and including industrial or heavy civil projects.
- Degree educated in a construction or engineering discipline
- Proven setting out experience
- Technically competent / Effective problem solver / Team Player / Methodical proactive planner
- Ability to effectively programme/ schedule
- Experience within groundworks including drainage, highways and utility services or sub and superstructure concrete experience
- Self-delivery experience
- A desire to progress
You will get
As Site Engineer, you will enjoy a solid salary of £40K-£45K+ Neg + Benefits
- Car Allowance ~£4.5K
- Mileage to and from site paid. Accommodation if required.
- 25 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
- You will enjoy the kudos and credibility of working for a civil construction market leader.
- Ongoing training & development, and opportunities for promotion & progression.
You can apply
To the Site Engineer job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com, or give me a call at 01275 331307.
NB 5 years references and ability to obtain security clearance required.