We're looking for a talented Sustainability Engineer to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of building services.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Reporting to the Sustainability Team Leader and based in the company's Liverpool, Manchester Or Sheffield office, as the Sustainability Engineer you will be primarily responsible for managing multidisciplinary projects while providing technical support and mentoring to the other engineers. Your role will be to lead in a dynamic, challenging and stimulating environment with a myriad of opportunities to apply your growing knowledge and expertise to a range of exciting projects. You will lead feasibility, design and site stage activities for building projects (new and refurbishment).
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Leading building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client-facing activity
- Building services design elements for both small and major projects working closely with other Team Members
- Offering consultancy advice and prepare design reports in a timely fashion and within budget
- Sharing and expanding knowledge through participation at relevant skills networks
The ideal candidate for this Sustainability Engineer role will have relevant experience of building services.
You'll also need experience of:
- Low carbon building design
- Alternative sustainability rating systems
- Climate change adaptation strategies
- The social sustainability aspects of building projects
- Energy reduction through behaviour change
- Leading project teams
- Relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.G. IT systems, bim, thermal/energy analysis, calculation packages, etc
In addition, it's essential that you possess the following:
- Relevant engineering degree
- Chartered status through cibse, imeche, sophe or other relevant body or be working towards
- Excellent general understanding of current local and national issues within sustainability and climate change agendas
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Senior Sustainability Engineer, Sustainability Consultant, Senior Sustainability Consultant or as an Environmental Consultant.
Basic salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum depending on experience
Bonus: An additional bonus is also available if the company hits certain targets - full details of the scheme will be revealed on application
Additional benefits include:
- UK healthcare plan (private medical insurance)
- Life assurance
- Accident insurance, and income protection (long term disability) cover
The business you'll be working for is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. More specifically in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & GAs) and power & energy sectors.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Have expert staff who design lasting solutions and offer strategic consulting and project delivery services
- Ensure safety and sustainability are embedded in everything they do and they have a highly inclusive culture and encourage diversity
- Enable you to be involved with a range of challenging and complex projects that will complement your career and experience
Interested? If you think you're right for this Sustainability Engineer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
UK_MS JSM 12069