You will like
Working as Senior Sustainability Engineer Buildings, for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
Their expert staff design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. Safety and sustainability are embedded in everything they do and they have a highly inclusive culture and encourage diversity.
Being part of this fantastic organisation will enable you to be involved with a range of challenging and complex projects that will complement your career and experience.
You will like
The Senior Sustainability Engineer Buildings job, offered as Principal/Associate level, representing an exceptional opportunity for a Lead Sustainability Engineer looking for technically challenging work on iconic projects to join an established Building Services Engineering team within one of the most highly regarded consultancies globally. My client is at the forefront of sustainability and climate change consulting and boasts some of the most talented people in the industry.
My client’s aspiration as engineers is to design market-leading, sustainable systems that push the boundaries of engineering to create a lasting legacy. Working in an interdisciplinary environment and produce Building Services Design Systems that maximise value for their clients whilst minimising the environmental impact.
As a principal/associate level Sustainability Engineer with drive and experience, you will be a key part of the Building Services Engineering team leadership; managing multidisciplinary projects while providing technical support and mentoring to the other engineers.
Your role will be to lead in a dynamic, challenging and stimulating environment with a myriad of opportunities to apply your growing knowledge and expertise to a range of exciting projects. You will lead feasibility, design and site stage activities for building projects (new and refurbishment).
- Take an active role in pushing forward the skills and abilities of team members, including supervising and training junior engineers.
- Lead building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client-facing activity.
- Take an active role in building services design elements for both small and major projects working closely with other team members.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs.
- Offer consultancy advice and prepare design reports in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Support graduate engineers with technical expertise and mentor less experienced team members.
- Share and expand knowledge through participation at relevant skills networks.
Location: Liverpool/Manchester/Sheffield – Scope for significant flexible working available
You will have
To be successful as a Senior Sustainability Engineer Buildings, you will have a demonstrable track record within Building Services including:
- Chartered status through CIBSE, IMechE, SoPHE or other relevant body and degree qualified; or
- Working towards Chartership with a Masters Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Low carbon building design
- Alternative sustainability rating systems
- Climate change adaptation strategies
- The social sustainability aspects of building projects
- Energy reduction through behaviour change
- Strong track record of leading project teams
- A clear understanding of, or experience within, a consultancy environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- An excellent general understanding of current local and national issues within sustainability and climate change agendas
- Adaptable, resilient and able to work in multidisciplinary settings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead meetings and workshops
- Professional, organised, and highly methodical
- Knowledge of relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.g. IT systems, BIM, thermal/energy analysis, calculation packages, etc.
- Knowledge of CAD and Revit MEP deliverables
- Demonstrate an active CPD record
As a Senior Sustainability Engineer Buildings, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £50K - £60K + according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. (subject to firm’s financial performance).
You can apply
To Senior Sustainability Engineer Buildings by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com