You will like
Working as Senior Sustainability Consultant for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
With a heritage spanning over 150 years, my client has a unique history of excellence. Specialising in a range of engineering design services, they have extensive UK coverage and a growing international presence. The approach to environmental sustainability, led by the work of the Sustainability Group, has been instrumental to their success.
Their Sustainability Group is an industry leader in its approach to sustainable design, construction and building operation. Focused on achieving ever greater standards of environmental sustainability, the Group thrives on its dynamic, innovative, and ambitious working culture. The Group’s work spans all sectors of construction, to include property development and property management.
You will like
The Senior Sustainability Consultant job, (offered at Senior/Principal/Associate level), which is a fantastic career opportunity for a creative and driven Sustainability professional to join my client’s Sustainability Group in their London Team. The Sustainability Group also has teams based in Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Oxford, and Plymouth that support the firm across the UK as well as their expanding international work.
As a group they provide diverse sustainability consultancy services for a range of projects, across all sectors, promoting sustainable development, adopting an outcomes-based approach to building performance and design. This is a rare opportunity to grow not only your own career but the industry approach to your field of expertise as a whole. More specifically:
- Project leadership and supporting the operations of the team
- Technical competence/leadership in your area of expertise. As well as project-related work, the Group engages directly with industry undertaking research and development studies, and authoring industry guidance
- My client holds key positions on national design commissions and influential industry bodies
- The role also presents the opportunity for involvement in this aspect of the Group’s work to those keen to have a direct influence on the industry
You will have
To be successful as a Senior Sustainability Consultant, you will need the following:
- You will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience working within the built environment sector and looking to grow as a leader in the fields of sustainable design and whole-life carbon
- Already working within a sustainability, architecture, or engineering consultancy, you will be looking for a new challenge within a practice at the very forefront of our field
- You will bring expertise (with a degree in engineering / architecture / science, and experience in the field) and a passion for creating sustainable solutions
Plus you will be expected to have competence in a number of the following fields, with the order of priority for this role as follows;
- Embodied carbon assessments
- Whole life carbon appraisals
- Circular economy strategies and low carbon materials
- Sustainability strategies
- Sustainable master-planning
- Environmental Assessment Methodologies such as BREEAM, LEED, SKA
- Health and Wellbeing Assessment Methodologies such as WELL, FitWel, RESET
- Energy strategies
- Building Regulations Part L assessments using NHER / Elmhurst and IES
- Energy modelling and assessment
- Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
- Façade performance evaluation
- Parametric environmental design assessment
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
You will get
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £45 - £60K + comprehensive benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Tax free childcare
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- Discounted BUPA health assessments
- Flexible working - my client is happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Study Assistance
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel & dental insurance
- Employee retail discounts
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- GAYE – Give as you Earn
- Gourmet society tasting cards
- Employee Referral Scheme
You can apply
To Senior Sustainability Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.