You will like
Working within an award-winning developer and design and build contractor delivering innovative projects across London & Soth East from Bromley, Kent. They are competent in development; construction & cladding and their sweet-spot is residential developments of 10-100+ homes and £5M-£25M+ contract values. Due to sustainable business growth and investment, this is a great opportunity to join their team of highly experienced staff at HQ.
You will like
The Senior Quantity Surveyor job itself where you will manage all commercial and contractual issues on the assigned project(s). Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the QS will be responsible for procurement, cost reporting, valuations, and payments together with pricing contract variations and undertaking commercial and contractual correspondence. The Quantity Surveyor will manage the day-to-day commercial activities on projects, based mainly at head office with site visits as required by the project. Dependent on the scheme, the Quantity Surveyor will manage a trainee QS. More specifically:
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Reviewing Client amendments [to JCT]
- Undertaking cost analysis for tender returns on the project.
- Assisting in establishing the client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy. − Preparing and monitoring procurement Schedules to agreed/ahead of Project dates. − Tendering Packages in line with procurement schedule: Including liaison with Design and Construction for input to Scopes & package inclusions. − Issuing Recommendations internally for approval with supporting documents.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments issuing payment/payless notices.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Monthly updating of the AFR Cost Value internal reports. Review of current costs/ end life predictions and Prelims Forecasting.
- Monthly sub-contract valuations & monthly client valuations.
- Managing and guiding sub-team members.
- Working in line with CML Commercial Management Manual and procedures.
You will have
To be successful as Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have:
- Minimum of 2 years “hands on” post graduate experience.
- Educated to BSc surveying or equivalent.
- Experience in writing specifications and completing all subsequent contract administration during construction.
- Relevant management experience (internal & external)
- Measure and prepare Package Bills and Scope of Works.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Excellent Presentation and communication skills.
You will get
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will enjoy a competitive salary, £60K-£65K + Package.
• Pension Scheme • Friendly and understanding Management Team who promote CPD and in-house information sharing and “new ideas” from all team members • Competitive salary and package
You can apply
To Senior Quantity Surveyor by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com