You will like
Process Engineering for an innovative waste-to-energy engineering firm with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing a resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive. They offer expertise, products and services in pyrolysis, gasification & oxidation. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to play a key interim role in mechanical/industrial process engineering for a fascinating company poised for exponential growth.
Crucially you will play a leadership role in a ZERO landfill future, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value.
You will like
The Senior Process Engineer job itself where you will be responsible for the production and quality of the process design and analysis deliverables for a range of equipment associated with pyrolysis and other waste management technologies.
Working as part of a small cross-discipline team, this hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing and commissioning of operational units located in various worldwide locations. Drive and enthusiasm to gain an in-depth knowledge of pyrolysis is essential, combined with attention to detail and a proactive and methodical approach to problem-solving. More specifically:
- Carry out detailed process engineering design work including P&IDs, design calculations, functional control descriptions, specifying instruments, operating instructions etc.
- Support in maintenance of systems, procedures and design documentation within the process engineering function.
- Support Senior Process Engineer in creation and implementation of best engineering practices, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Gain an in depth understanding of pyrolysis and of the designs of the specialist units.
- Provide technical support to the business development team as required, including giving presentations to clients.
- Support development of client relationships to develop long term working partnerships.
- Responsible for the timely and quality delivery of the ‘off the shelf’ product range designs.
- Support Project Manager to develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, manhour expenditure, and quality objectives.
- Produce tender packages for suppliers to enable delivery of goods and services to the cost, schedule and quality as required by the project.
- Deliver technical evaluation of supplier tenders and detailed reviews of vendor deliverables.
- Appraising and interpreting client requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered on all projects.
- Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such as thermodynamics, electrical, instrumentation and control, piping, structural and mechanical engineering.
- Support development of training packages to be delivered externally to clients.
- Participate in conceptual and detailed design reviews, HAZIDs, HAZOPs and risk reviews.
You will have
As Senior Process Engineer, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Minimum BEng/Meng degree (2:1 degree or better) in Chemical or Process Engineering. Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
- 10+ years of industrial experience in design, development and plant operations.
- Strong technical expertise with extensive breadth and depth covering heat and mass balances, safety calculations, production of P&IDs, control philosophies, sizing calculations and environmental legislation.
- Design for manufacture mentality to deliver fit-for-purpose, high performance, reliable and maintainable design solutions.
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of environmental legislation and abatement systems is desirable.
- Hands-on experience of operating mechanical equipment is desirable.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and able to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of stakeholders.
- Proficient with MS Office.
You will get
As Senior Process Engineer, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £50K-£55K + Package
Benefits include 25 days of holiday, Bonus, Pension & Private Medical Insurance.
Plus, challenging & diverse projects, travelling opportunities, career growth and international mobility.
You can apply
For the Senior Process Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org