You will like
Working for this esteemed property & planning consultancy, offering comprehensive professional and agency services, on a personal and value added basis, to clients throughout the UK via a network of offices. They are renowned for their bespoke service-led solutions, from a comprehensive range of agency services that can be delivered on a freestanding basis or alternatively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
You will like
The Planner or Senior Planner job itself where you will be engaged as a planning practitioner capable of taking responsibility for defined pieces of work as required to do so in accordance with the project plan. More specifically:
- Conducting planning activities.
- Communicating with clients and providing professional advice and consulting
- Preparing documents and reports
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge in the field of town planning and technical expertise
- Working on projects with a view to meeting agreed client requirements and deadlines in accord with the QA system
- Client management and advice in support of Partner and Associate
- Attend meetings with clients/local planning authorities and other stakeholders as employer representative
- Liaise directly with other professionals pursuant to effective management and conduct of projects
- Attend appeal site visits
- Maintaining professional membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Responsible for contributing to own continuing professional development through attendance at appropriate training courses and internal CPD sessions and wider reading.
- Town planning practitioner within scope of instructions and project plan
Location: Will be candidate-driven and can be based from offices in London, Birmingham, Cambridge, Edinburgh, and Manchester with flexible working open to discussion.
.You will have
To be successful as a Planner or Senior Planner, you will ideally have
- RTPI accredited degree
- Eligible for Chartered membership of the RTPI (will ideally have achieved)
- Extensive planning experience across a range of sectors, with the ability to apply this in a consultancy environment
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the planning process, including both development management and local plans
- Able to communicate with client contacts and external bodies/authorities/consultants in respect of project working as required.
- Ability to provide professional advice direct to clients on questions of project strategy in consultation with Project Partner.
- Professional report writing skills; the ability to develop and express an argument clearly and concisely in written form in consultation with Project Partner.
- Excellent communication and professional client-facing presentation skills
- A proven track record in working with multi-diciplinary clients and consultant teams
- Ability to mentor and guide more junior members of the team and business support staff
You will get
As a Planner or Senior Planner, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £30K to £40K according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
Benefits include: Car or car allowance, holiday entitlement starting from 23 and rising by one day per year to 28 days (plus public holidays), employers pension contribution (which also provides death in service benefit), Perkbox and cycle scheme.
In addition, you will enjoy a full programme of events to actively encourage CPD and help you reach your professional goals.
You can apply
To the Planner or Senior Planner opportunities by applying here (recommended), or by sending a CV to email@example.com