You will like
Working for this multi-award winning engineering and environmental design consultancy working across a broad range of development sectors UK wide. They are renowned for technical excellence and client satisfaction and you will play a key role in their future success.
You will like
The Senior Hydraulic Modeller job itself where you will play an important role in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems on projects across the UK using skills in;
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Watercourse Hydraulic Modelling
- Environmental Impact Assessments
The role typically entails the research and delivery of Flood Risk Assessments and hydraulic modelling (using Flood Modeller & TUFLOW), with some understanding of SuDS design desired but not essential. Our Environment Group provides advisory, investigative, design and validation services relating to all aspects of the environment. The Water Service forms part of the Environment Group and is comprised of qualified engineers and environmental consultants with specific experience in flood risk, drainage, hydraulic modelling and environmental planning/engineering disciplines.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary project team, you will provide consultancy services to the development and property sector on projects of any type or size, from pre-planning application through to construction. The breadth and scale of work is incredibly varied.
All locations will be considered although the Water Service is focused on the Nottingham, Birmingham and Manchester offices and regular travel to at least one of these locations should be anticipated - although the role may necessarily be based at home whilst COVID-19 restrictions are in place.
You will have
To be successful as Senior Hydraulic Modeller, you will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Flood Risk Assessments and knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).
- Hydrological analysis using Flood Estimation Handbook techniques and associated software packages, such as ReFH and WINFAP.
- Hydraulic modelling in 1D/2D software packages such as Hec-Ras, Flood Modeller Pro and TUFLOW.
- Skills and knowledge in drainage strategy and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) is desirable.
- GIS (MapInfo and QGIS) and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Providing solutions to technical problems and input to provide factual and interpretative reports.
- Have the ability to plan and monitor own workloads to achieve project demands.
- Management of staff and projects with direct accountability.
- Workload supervision, resource planning and financial administration.
- Ability to share both knowledge and experience with others.
- Effectively communicate and co-operate within a project team to support the achievement of a project brief through the provision of efficient and professional services.
As a Senior role, some experience in the management of staff and projects is preferred, as the role includes providing support to others, with additional responsibilities in workload organisation, resource planning and project finance commensurate with seniority.
The ideal candidate would also have experience in production of Environmental Statement chapters and land/development planning policy in the UK including knowledge of the Water Framework Directive. Experience of other hydraulic modelling software packages such as Infoworks ICM, and the development of Flood Risk Management Schemes would be of benefit.
You will get
As Senior Hydraulic Modeller the benefits include a competitive salary DOE and comprehensive package as below:
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – Company pays for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
You can apply
To Senior Hydraulic Modeller by applying here (recommended), or by sending a CV to email@example.com