You will like
Working for a world-class firm at the forefront of industrial process/infrastructure monitoring, capitalising on the IoT (Internet of Things) revolution. Where harnessing innovations in electronics manufacturing, communications and enterprise cloud technologies, continuous real-time monitoring has become a reality. Where facilitating change and empowering customers seeking to increase efficiency and gain competitive advantage is nowhere. So petrochemical pipeline leaks and ruptures, resulting from structural failure, corrosion, vandalism and theft, can be reported 24/7 whether in the field on a mobile device or in an office half a world away.
You will like
The Senior Hardware Engineer job itself where you will be responsible and accountable for multiple areas of hardware development. This will include areas from amongst communications, sensors, power, edge computer control circuitry, and will also include responsibility for the associated firmware used within each subsystem and leading integration of the different subsystems within the Field equipment.
- Lead high-level discussions on hardware development.
- Technical lead on hardware projects and/or field equipment within end to end systems
- Lead the design and prototyping of new electronic hardware systems.
- Build, Fault finding and testing of electronic prototypes and PCBs.
- Final design and validation of PCBs for manufacture.
- Embedded software integration and development
- Design reviews for other engineers or teams
- Support documentation for other internal teams and technical user manuals
NB This a late-stage startup, and as such responsibilities are likely to change as the company expands. A strong candidate will readily adapt to new technical roles and challenges.
You will have
To be successful as Senior Hardware Engineer you will have
- IET membership (or similar), Degree in Electronics, Physics or similar and / or substantial verifiable experience.
- Min 5 years experience as an Electronics Development Engineer.
- Team Leadership Experience.
- Design for Manufacture experience, including at least two products that have successfully moved into the production environment.
- Experience in writing MCU firmware in C++.
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Devices
- Ability and willingness to continually learn new skills as needed.
- A good communicator, able to write clear and comprehensive reports.
- A proficient or native level of English, both verbal and written.
- Self-managing – able to operate in a fast-changing environment as part of a wider project team
- Competencies: Team Leadership. Full Lifecycle Hardware Design. Circuit design software. C and C++ programming. Design for Manufacture
You will get
The Senior Hardware Engineer will enjoy a competitive salary of £50-£60K Neg + package including possible relo
You can apply
For Senior Hardware Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com