You will like
Playing a key role in a recognised pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments. This is an environment, energy and infrastructure consultancy with over 5,000 technical professionals and support staff located at more than 100 offices throughout the US and now in the UK. Established in the US during the 1960s, they provide integrated services to a broad range of clients with a global footprint.
Their UK business was established in 2012. They now employ nearly 20 staff and have offices in London, Bristol* and Manchester. The UK team focuses on the provision of their core environmental consulting services to corporate, private equity and property clients. My client’s services are solutions driven and include advice on environmental due diligence and transaction support; contaminated land investigation and remediation; environmental planning and permitting solutions; EHS management and compliance; and energy use reporting and reduction.
You will like
The Geotechnical Engineer job itself offered at Senior/Principal level, which is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Geotechnical Engineer to lead the technical delivery and development of their geotechnical focussed services.
The ideal candidate will be a Charted Geotechnical Engineer or Geologist and have a proven track record in geotechnical consultancy. You will lead the technical development of our clients existing geotechnical practice by providing high-quality technical input and commercially astute advice to clients. You will lead on the growth of the geotechnical technical discipline, providing technical review and approval of client reports and development of new geotechnical service lines, mentoring and develop the team and support my client’s future growth plans.
Location: Flexible – London, Bristol or Manchester
Location will be candidate driven. Our client has existing offices in London and Manchester. * A Bristol office will be opened in late 2021. Regardless of location, the candidate should expect some requirement to travel both to client sites and my client’s offices. More specifically:
- Design, specification and management of ground investigations to meet clients goals;
- Technical leadership for key project outputs to advise clients on geotechnical parameters, ground risk, foundation and ground engineering solutions, remedial works to resolve geotechnical hazards;
- Quality leadership including final review and authorization of project outputs and technical reports;
- Mentoring and training of staff within the geo-environmental and geotechnical team to support the delivery and growth of the geotechnical practice;
- Preparing proposals including formulation of robust work scopes and budgets;
- Be client-facing and able to lead discussions with clients and other stakeholders;
- Support business development and marketing initiatives;
You will have
To be successful as Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will have:
BSc or higher (preferably post-graduate qualification, such as MSc) in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology discipline
- Chartered engineer
- Proven track record in geotechnical assessment with particular focus on foundation design solutions, ground improvement, resolution of geotechnical hazards, mine risk, slope stability, preparation of earthworks specifications and verification assessments etc.
- Detailed understanding of relevant design codes, Eurocode and British Standards
- Excellent organisation, leadership, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or in a project team with excellent problem solving, writing, and presenting skills
- Experience in engaging proactively with clients to deliver new business opportunities as well as maintaining current relationships
- Must possess a driving licence and passport and be willing to travel within the UK and, occasionally, overseas
You will get
As Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will get a competitive salary which is negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience, plus package
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the future growth and development of the business.
You can apply
To Senior Geo-technical Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org