You will like
Working for this multi-award winning engineering and environmental design consultancy working across a broad range of development sectors UK wide. They are renowned for technical excellence and client satisfaction and you will play a key role in their future success.
You will like
The Senior Flood Risk Consultant job itself where you will play an important role in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems on projects across the UK using skills in;
- Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) Design
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Earthworks Analysis
The role typically entails the research and delivery of the engineering aspects of schemes at pre-planning stage (drainage strategies utilising SuDS, outline earthworks analysis) and the delivery of Flood Risk Assessments. It would suit someone with detailed design experience looking to use their skills to influence designs early in the development process, and as such knowledge of land/development planning policy (NPPF) and experience with Lead Local Flood Authorities would be beneficial.
All locations will be considered although the Water Service is focused on the Nottingham, Birmingham and Manchester offices and regular travel to at least one of these locations should be anticipated - although the role may necessarily be based at home whilst COVID-19 restrictions are in place.
The Water Service forms part of the Environment Group and is comprised of qualified engineers and environmental consultants with specific experience in flood risk, drainage, hydraulic modelling and environmental planning/engineering disciplines. Working as part of ths multidisciplinary project team, you will provide consultancy services to the development and property sector on projects of any type or size, from pre-planning application through to construction. The breadth and scale of work is incredibly varied.
You will have
To be successful as Senior Flood Risk Consultant, you will show:
- A sound grasp of key engineering principles
- Knowledge of relevant software packages including MicroDrainage, AutoCAD 2D, Civils 3D (ideally)
- Drainage strategy production and knowledge of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS)
- Providing solutions to technical problems and input to provide factual and interpretative reports
- Flood Risk Assessments and knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) would be advantageous, but not essential
- Strong communication, personal effectiveness and team working capabilities
- Have the ability to plan and monitor workloads to achieve project demands
- Effectively communicate and co-operate within a project team to support the achievement of a project brief through the provision of efficient and professional services
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, clients and suppliers
- An ability to act in an outward-facing capacity as client representative in dealings with our clients and industry regulators
- Share both knowledge and experience with other team members
You will get
As Senior Flood Risk Consultant the benefits include a competitive salary DOE and comprehensive package as below:
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – Company pays for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
You can apply
To Senior Flood Risk Consultant by applying here (recommended), or by sending a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org