You will like
Working in Consulting for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. Bristol/Cardiff/Mobile.
With a heritage spanning over 150 years, my client has a unique history of excellence. Specialising in a range of engineering design services, they have extensive UK coverage and a growing international presence. This is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world.
You will like
The Senior Environmental Consultant Water job, where you will be working across a variety of projects including major infrastructure projects, with a particular focus on the water sector. Be part of a wider consulting team, working in a truly integrated and multidisciplinary way across Southern England and Wales collaborating with colleagues across the UK and internationally.
Based in my client’s Bristol, Cardiff or Winchester office, with an expectation of a high level of mobility across the West region and throughout the UK as projects require, working alongside the teams in these locations. You will be providing robust senior-level Environmental and Water Science expertise to major infrastructure consenting or environmental enhancement projects with a focus on the water sector. You will also be taking a key role in relationship building and work winning with a focus on the water sector.
Key experience for this position is for a strong demonstrable experience around the water sector. My client works extensively with water companies such as Southern Water, Welsh Water, Severn Trent, Bristol and Thames. The successful candidate will be managing significant projects for these types of clients and will need to have a very good track record in this area. You will need to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience (more likely to be around eight). Bristol first choice, Cardiff second choice Winchester considered as long you will travel.
You will have
To be successful as Senior Environmental Consultant Water, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Degree and/or masters in an environmental-related topic
- Chartered status with CIWEM, IEMA or similar
- Significant water sector experience
- Track record of working with designers on large infrastructure projects, particularly within the water sector
- Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with other groups (e.g. Planning, Transport and Project Management)
- Capacity to take a key role in business development: promotion, marketing and bid preparation;
- Capable of supporting the delivery of a challenging and varying workload which can change at short notice
- Experience of maintaining and developing client relationships
- Experience of line management and/or mentoring roles
- Support to effective project delivery and within budget and programmes assigned to the specific area of work
- Capable of explaining complex processes and highly technical subject matters in a way that is understandable – using plain English
- Capable of identifying issues or risks and communicating these to the senior project team that affect the delivery of a project
You will get
As a Senior Environmental Consultant Water, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £40K - £45K + comprehensive benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry-leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by the employer and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit SharePayments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
You can apply
To Senior Environmental Consultant Water by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com.