You will like
Working in Environmental Consulting for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
With a heritage spanning over 150 years, my client has a unique history of excellence. Specialising in a range of engineering design services, they have extensive UK coverage and a growing international presence. The approach to environmental sustainability, led by the work of the Sustainability Group, has been instrumental to their success.
Their Sustainability Group is an industry leader in its approach to sustainable design, construction and operation for buildings and infrastructure. Focused on achieving ever greater standards of environmental sustainability, the Group thrives on its dynamic, innovative, and ambitious working culture.
You will like
The Senior Environmental Consultant Consultant job, (offered at Senior/Principal/Associate level), which is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant to join and help shape the future of environmental assessment and management, as part of a 40+ multidisciplinary Environmental & Sustainability Team supporting collaborative service frameworks delivering major infrastructure projects throughout the UK across key sectors. Based in Solihull or Birmingham City Centre, you will:
- Lead multidisciplinary teams of environmental specialists to support consent applications and discharge of conditions, detailed design and construction management as the UK increase investment in infrastructure development, particularly Highways and water management.
- You will also have the opportunity to innovate and grow our services across infrastructure sectors, develop internal and external client relationships, and support collaboration with the firm's internationally renowned engineering design teams;
- Report to the Environmental Management Skill Leader and ultimately the Director responsible for the Environment & Sustainability Team;
- Be responsible for the management of multidisciplinary teams for the Environmental Impact Assessment and management of infrastructure projects, including Highways;
- Lead input to, compilation, critical review and quality assurance of Environmental Statements, non-statutory assessments, appraisals and management plans at all stages of project delivery;
- Prepare non-technical specialist sections of assessments;
- Lead individual projects and the environmental aspects of wider engineering and development projects, responsible for technical and commercial success;
- Support the team in business development activities, including identifying and pursuing opportunities;
- Prepare and lead on input into bids, proposals, and tenders for environmental services direct to major UK clients;
- Communicate effectively; develop and maintain relationships with internal; and external stakeholders.
You will have
To be successful as a Senior Environmental Consultant, you will need the following:
- A Degree or postgraduate degree in an environment-related science;
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience working within environmental impact assessment and management of infrastructure projects, including linear infrastructure;
- Professionally qualified through relevant professional body;
- Demonstrable experience in leading environmental impact assessment of major Highways England projects and compliance with their governance processes;
- Experience of working in other sectors including rail, water, energy would be an advantage;
- In-depth practical knowledge and experience of environmental requirements for consenting of infrastructure projects in the UK;
- Good knowledge of the UK environmental regulatory framework, Policy and Guidance;
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary environmental teams;
- Experience of working closely with engineering, planning, and stakeholder engagement teams;
- Experience and appreciation of working in a collaborative working environment across business teams and in Joint Ventures a distinct advantage;
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple workstreams within small to major large scale projects;
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences ranging from individual discipline technical specialists, senior projects leads, stakeholders and key Clients;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of Environmental Statement authoring and editing;
- Strong commercial awareness with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business;
- Experience of, and be comfortable and confident in, a client-facing role;
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple projects;
- Demonstrate a desire for continual improvement of both self and the team.
You will get
As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £45K - £55K + comprehensive benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry-leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by employer and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit SharePayments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
You can apply
To Senior Sustainability Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com.