You will like
Operating within unique multi-disciplinary energy services provider of strategic energy and carbon reduction consultancy services to a range of organisations from large global corporates to housebuilders and developers. They enable them to enhance long-term energy sustainability and reach net-zero carbon emissions.
With low-carbon technology, data and sustainability at the core of their ethos and business model, this firm is leading the smart energy revolution, serving the energy industry, the industrial, commercial and public sectors, as well as the wider domestic market to realise the environmental and financial benefits of smarter energy practice
You will like
The Senior Energy Consultant job itself which is an exciting opportunity for an experienced energy consultant/specialist to join this leading engineering and consulting company at the forefront of the energy and carbon reduction; based from Cardiff energy centre of excellence or #WFH fully flexible home working for the right candidate. Cardiff, Bristol or Birmingham would all be great WFH locations.
As Senior Energy Consultant you will plan and lead-carbon reduction projects. This requires the technical and financial evaluation of projects, as well as engagement internally and externally to ensure design, installation and operation meet project objectives. This role is critical to the success of investment in carbon reduction assets, including generation, energy storage, heating and energy efficiency projects. More specifically:
• Evaluating carbon reduction opportunities to ensure projects which are technically and financially feasible are identified and can progress. • Providing business case evidence to internal and external stakeholders (including clients and investors) which provides a clear evaluation of opportunities. • Guiding project development to meet technical and financial objectives. • Lead cross-disciplinary project teams. • Plan, instruct and review energy modelling, technical concept development and commercial evaluation. • Establish client energy, carbon and related objectives. • Produce high quality, client focused reports and presentations to justify carbon reduction projects and ensure stakeholder buy-in. • Provide strategic advice relating to energy, carbon and utilities management. • Manage the proposal, definition and delivery of projects by other members of the New Energy Systems team. • Oversee direct reports to monitor and manage consultant utilisation, understanding, service delivery and work satisfaction. • Engage with 3rd party agents in the energy services marketplace to source energy technology and services. • Build capability to develop carbon reduction projects.
A Senior Energy Consultant must be able to travel throughout the UK and may need to travel abroad. The Senior Energy Consultant role provides an opportunity to make a major contribution to carbon reduction by leading cross-disciplinary teams to deliver projects.
You will have
To be successful as Senior Energy Consultant your qualifications/experience will include
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, technology, maths or management discipline.
- Chartership of a relevant professional body or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Experience of energy consultancy, energy management or engineering.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication with technical specialists and senior stakeholders.
- Experience of generating cost-benefit analyses for energy projects.
- Ability to make a timely and effective appraisal of carbon reduction projects and decide on a course of action that balances theory with pragmatism.
- Ability to organize and prioritise work to meet deadlines and manage the expectations of project stakeholders.
- Ability to evaluate the risks related to project delivery and overcome barriers to deliver projects on time and to agreed requirements.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical energy systems and solutions appropriate to carbon reduction.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
Plus a healthy mix of these personal qualities:
• Time management. • Communication skills. • Positive response to feedback. • Online research. • Clear written language skills. • People management. • Problem-solving ability. • Analytical skills and numeracy. • The ability to manage multiple teams. • The ability to build and maintain customer and other stakeholder relationships. • Resilient and responsive to change. • Strong situational judgement and risk management skills. • Contributes to team development through sharing expertise
You will get
As Senior Energy Consultant you will enjoy a competitive salary, £45K-£50K + Package
My client is a leading brand in the market and has a reputation as a great place to work, both from a professional and social perspective. They provide excellent remote working solutions to their staff. You will have unparalleled opportunities to develop and grow your experience by being given significant responsibility as well as scope to develop your own ideas and support to obtain chartership.
You can apply
To Energy Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org