You will like
Working in a historic location near Bath for this creative environmental consultancy, specialising in Ecology, Landscape Architecture, Water & Geoscience, and working across a broad range of sustainable developments UK wide. They are renowned for professional excellence and client satisfaction and you will play a key role in their future success.
You will like
The Senior Ecologist job itself which is a fantastic opportunity to join this highly regarded independent consultancy with significant plans for growth. More specifically:
- Efficient management and delivery of ecology and related multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors.
- Coordination of field surveys and deliverables for a range of client projects.
- Undertaking field surveys across a range of sites (including Phase 1 and Extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys and protected species surveys).
- Production of high quality, robust written documents, including survey reports, PEAs, EcIAs and ES Ecology Chapters for a range of development proposals.
- Acting as day-to-day client interface.
- Co-ordination of specialist sub-consultants as required.
- Developing new business opportunities and writing quotes/ tender proposals for relevant projects across a range of sectors.
- Mentoring junior staff members in areas of expertise, both within the ecology team and across the company.
You will have
To be successful as Senior Ecologist, you will be educated to bachelors or masters level in ecology (or related) and have at least 5 years of proven experience within an ecological consultancy.
- A relevant degree(s) and full membership of CIEEM. Chartered status an advantage.
- At least 6 years relevant consultancy experience, with proven experience in the following key areas:
- Management of commercial projects to time and budget
- Working on high-profile, complex projects, identifying and implementing solutions to issues as they arise
- Production of robust Ecological Impact Assessment Reports (to CIEEM standards) and Ecology Chapters of Environmental Statements
- Preparation of EPS licence applications (as the named ecologist) for bats and GCN/ dormouse is essential
- Holder of protected species survey licences, including bats (at least Class 2; BLICL a distinct advantage), GCN and dormouse
- Experience of calculating Biodiversity Net Gain using the Defra Metric 2.0
- A thorough understanding of the UK planning system and supporting relevant UK and European legislation and policy.
- Experience of reviewing reports produced by junior colleagues for quality and technical accuracy and providing constructive feedback.
- Excellent attention to detail.
You will get
As Senior Ecologist the benefits include a competitive salary of up to £35K plus comprehensive package:
- Competitive salary (based on skills and experience)
- Contributory pension scheme*
- Employee Health Cash Plan*
- Annual leave entitlement of 28 days (pro-rata), plus Bank Holidays
- Up to 5 days external training allowance per year, plus internal training
- Company sick pay scheme
- Flexible working and a balanced approach to working hours
- Payment of annual CIEEM membership
- Access to company and/or hire vehicles, plus payment of business mileage
- Discretionary bonus
- Social events
* On successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
You can apply
To Senior Ecologist by applying here (recommended), or by sending a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org