You will like
Working in ecology for this multidisciplinary consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets. This exciting role sits within their thriving environmental team in Bristol.
You will like
The Senior Consultant Ecologist job itself, offered at Senior or Principal Consultant Ecologist level, which is an exceptional opportunity offering the successful candidate the chance to join an award-winning consultancy, who offer a friendly and dynamic work culture, along with an exciting and challenging career path.
Owing to a growing national workload my client is looking for a range of consultants to strengthen their Bristol ecology team, with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects primarily in the regeneration, property, transport and public sectors. Whilst predominantly based in your local region, the role will include regular co-operation, travel and inter-office working with other regional teams in line with their culture.
You will have
To be successful as Senior Consultant Ecologist you will be degree qualified ecologists with a demonstrable track record in consultancy. Candidates should have:
- A thorough knowledge of ecological legislation and planning policy in the UK
- Ideally have experience in both linear infrastructure and property development projects
- Full Membership of CIEEM and/or Chartered Ecologist status
- Have more than 5-6 year’s* experience in ecological consultancy or related sector, further experience for the Principal role
- Excellent report writing skills for PEA reports, EcIA, Biodiversity Net Gain assessments and BREEAM 2018 Assessments
- An understanding of the EIA process and have experience in undertaking or contributing to ES chapters would be an advantage
- Have experience of people management and ability to lead and develop a team
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent communication (including technical report writing) skills and an ability to prepare fee proposals
- Be able to undertake ecological surveys and desk-based studies to a high standard
- Technical review of reports
- Public enquiry experience or input would be of benefit
- Have a solid understanding of conservation legislation and protected species licensing, ideally holding at least one survey/handling licence for a protected species
- Understand the EIA process and have experience in undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments
- Be able to provide pragmatic, commercially aware ecological advice to our portfolio of major clients
- Hold a full UK driving licence
You will get
As Senior Consultant Ecologist you will enjoy a competitive salary of £40K-£48K according to skills and experience, together with flexible benefits package
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
You can apply
To the Senior EIA Consultant job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or send CV to email@example.com