You will like
Designing & selling for a leading player within the fire and security sector, based near Chelmsford, covering South East and focusing on providing outstanding client care and reliable engineering solutions to customers within the commercial sector. They are an FSB award-winning employer and this will be a fantastic arena for your professional development.
You will like
The Fire & Security Systems Sales Engineer job itself where reporting to Head of Communications, you will manage installations from enquiry to sale (before handing over to project management), ranging from £1k-£100k+. This includes responsibility for fire & security systems design, sales and account management, More specifically:
- Attend site surveys and collate specifications, risk assessments and floor plans to assist you with designing and quoting for alarm system installations
- Ensure quotations are compliant with the relevant standards and regulations in force at the time; are accurately costed according to supplier costs, and meet company brand and margin protocol
- Respond to organic, in-bound leads and conduct your own prospecting to generate new installation opportunities
- Liaise with other team members where applicable, such as the Compliance Advisor for a maintenance handover and Project Manager for installation logistical guidance ensuring smooth-sailing post-sale
- Gather, evaluate and inform on customer feedback
- Stay up to date with relevant news, trends, technology and standards within the fire, security and electrical sectors
- Achieve (or exceed!) targeted sales performance levels
- Create relationship-building meetings with suppliers, manufacturers and partner companies
- Assist the Head of Communications, Managing Director and Service Desk Team as and when needed to ensure a smooth sailing customer experience throughout
You will have
To be successful as a Fire & Security Sales Engineer ideally you will be a strong communicator and have the ability to present.
This role requires a level of technical knowledge pertaining to engineering designs/plans, so we ask that you have at least 3 years of experience in engineering design.
This could be suited to you if you have previous technical sales experience or background in an engineering role within fire & security OR other transferable industries such as M&E, HVAC or other building services setting!
You will get
As Fire & Security Sales Engineer, you should enjoy earnings of £70K OTE with a competitive base salary of £45K DOE + Package.
- Company car provided upon successful completion of your probationary period (car allowance/access to vehicles during the probationary period)
- A commission structure that rewards you on a per-sale basis as well as when you reach/exceed your target
- Access to discounted courses run by the Fire Industry Association (FIA) and continual in-house training
- Training to equip you with the knowledge of our customer base and company processes
- Access to our company break room (which includes a ping pong table!)
- 29 days’ annual leave including statutory public holidays, plus your birthday off
- Company pension scheme, plus discretionary team bonuses
- Joining company socials and team-building days
- Company phone and work laptop provided
- Free parking available on-site
You can apply
To Fire & Security Sales Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com