You will like
Working in Bristol/SW region in land remediation with a highly regarded and growing niche independent contracting firm handling large multi-technology soil and groundwater remediation. They offer a highly enjoyable working environment, with a range of interesting and diverse project types and commitment to health & safety.
You will like
The Remediation Engineer job, which is a great opportunity for a qualified specialist to join their existing team based from their Bristol or Raleigh office working on projects based across the South West or South East respectively.
The main job role is assisting with the technical delivery of remediation and enabling projects. Attractive salary and benefits will accompany excellent career development and training opportunities within a thriving and expanding business. This includes significant time working on sites, and some overnight stays will be required (expenses covered). More specifically:
Pre-start organisation & planning of projects:
- Drawings, including basic use of Autocad
- Co-ordinating / appointing subcontractors
- Assisting with production of remediation strategies, materials management plans, method statements, risk assessments
- Assisting with obtaining licences, permits and regulatory approvals including compilation of supporting technical information
Delivery of projects:
- Working with site personnel to ensure projects are implemented safely
- Monitoring environmental emissions and ensuring control measures are implemented where required
- Direct/supervise site activities such as excavations
- Set up, operate and maintain soil and water treatment systems
- Carrying out verification contamination sampling, scheduling laboratory analysis and assessing results
- Arranging laboratory and site geotechnical/earthworks testing
- Waste classification and managing duty of care for disposal
- Use of GPS equipment to record and set out basic information
- Maintaining and using equipment such as PID, noise meter, CBR probe etc
- Ensure site records are kept up to date (e.g. stockpile registers, validation records, sample location drawings)
- Assisting with co-ordinating/appointing subcontractors
- Ongoing liaison with clients representatives or third party verification engineers
- Compilation of data and drafts for verification/completion reports, health & safety files etc.
You will have
To be successful as Remediation Engineer you will ideally have 1-5 years of relevant experience in a related discipline. Ideally, a significant portion of this time will have been spent on-site, carrying out sampling etc.
Knowledge of soil description, sampling, soil and groundwater remedial approaches and asbestos in soil would be advantageous, although full training will be provided.
A valid driving licence is essential, and the role will involve a reasonable amount of travel (van to be provided for business use).
Key personal attributes are good communication, a team player, organisation, resolve, flexibility and ambition.
You will get
As Remediation Engineer you will enjoy a competitive salary of £25K-£45K DOE + Company Vehicle, Bonus & Significant Benefits
There is significant scope for flexible working, along with significant benefits and rewards. There is also a lot of scope for further career progression.
You can apply
To Remediation Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com