You will like
Working within rapidly expanding construction group, comprising Construction Contracting, Development, Architecture and Interior Design divisions and growing work across the South West UK. Projects are in residential, commercial and mixed-use developments. Due to sustainable business growth and investment, this is a great opportunity to join an experienced commercial team at HQ in Cirencester.
You will like
The Quantity Surveyor will manage all commercial and contractual issues on the assigned project(s). Reporting to the Group Director, the QS will be responsible for procurement, cost reporting, valuations, and payments together with pricing contract variations and undertaking commercial and contractual correspondence. You will manage the day-to-day commercial activities on projects, based mainly at head office (hybrid working available) with site visits as required.
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Reviewing Client amendments [to JCT]
- Undertaking cost analysis for tender returns on the project.
- Assisting in establishing the client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy. Preparing and monitoring procurement schedules
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments issuing payment/payless notices.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Monthly updating of the AFR Cost Value internal reports.
- Review of current costs/ end life predictions and Prelims Forecasting.
- Monthly sub-contract valuations & monthly client valuations.
- Managing and guiding sub-team members.
- Working in line with CML Commercial Management Manual and procedures.
You will have
To be successful as Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have:
- Minimum of 2 years “hands-on” post-graduate experience.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards a professional qualification (RICS, CIOB or similar)
- Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
- Measure & prepare Package Bills & Scope of Works
- Good negotiation skills, ability to manage expectations, along with good contractual knowledge and experience.
You will get
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will enjoy a competitive salary, £55K-£60K + Package.
Career growth prospects due to the continued expansion of the business.
You can apply
To Senior Quantity Surveyor by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org